Taking Pistons on as my new second team

Ahhh yes, that’s a great stable of former NBA head coaches…

Taylor Hendricks is the best fit,plus he has defensive potential as well.
Can play either 3/4. No brainer to me

They still don’t have like, potential top 8 talent.

They need the best player. If you think Hendricks is the best player thats fine, but “fitting” into a 17 win team, as a concept, is nuts to me.

5 Likes

Tristan Thompson would br a ‘good fit’ with this squad.

1 Like

I guess maybe I need to see more video of Hendricks. I don’t exactly know why, but Larry Sanders (the NBA player, not the HBO show) is the first comp I thought of for him. Or Thaddeus Young. Thaddeus would be a decent outcome but I’m hoping for a bigger impact.

1 Like

I don’t know a thing about Hendricks other than his stat line tbh

Will be honest that the opposing coach who basically said he sucks at defense and didn’t try made me clench

2 Likes

You’re taking one line and blew it out of proportion. Maybe he had a bad game and they played UCF once. Every report has him as a good defender for the most part who can protect the rim and switch 3-5.

I watched a lot of Hendricks bc for some reason I get a lot of UCF games on my TV. Hendricks is good. He has a high floor but also has high ceiling.

1 Like

Please refer to the first sentence of my post

1 Like

Yeah like I said, you’re taking it out of proportion even with the caveat.

taps the sign

Watch the Box and One scouting video. You see highlights of Franz-like movement on defense. Bullying ballhandlers into the coffin corner. Maybe that coach saw him on a bad night; maybe he’s inconsistent. The ability looks to be there as a rim protector and a wing defender and a switcher.

1 Like

Have only seen Wemby, Scoot and Miller in live games. The rest only on youtube highlights and analysis. For what it’s worth, Hendricks appears to be a good defender but raw on offense, especially around the rim surprisingly. Decent shot but not much of a handle to get to the basket or post up. He does have upside if he works on it, I’ll give him that.

2 Likes

I’d like him to at least be able to attack closeouts and to dribble himself into a repositioned 3, but his defensive upside is so significant that I’d be OK if he never developed much on offense beyond catchandshoot. There are so many wings who can d up or shoot 3s but not both playing big playoff minutes, and their teams really have hard choices to make there. It underscores the value of a guy who can really do both, even if he can’t do much else.

I think the argument for a guy like Whitmore is that he’s potentially a two way player, and Hendricks, at least from what I read top out at OG Anunoby (who is a very good player! But not an all-star!)

If I get a young OG out of this draft I’m absolutely thrilled. Not expecting an All-Star.

But that is a good reason to consider whitmore.

Trying to win over @BigBoutros’s fandom.

4 Likes

Locking in Davis being the next Devin Booker. A shot taker is a shot maker.

I think it’s a good fit as a microwave scorer. He can shoot it from anywhere.

Cade, Ivey, and the fifth pick are gonna be so fun

2 Likes

I like him as a two-way. Worth gambling on there being more to his game when he’s not focused on scoring.