Taking Pistons on as my new second team

1 Like

So whitmore at 4 then?

1 Like

I think heā€™s saying that Whitmore is 4th on the Pistonsā€™ board, given the tweet heā€™s replying to?

1 Like

The guy after the top 3 so yes, youā€™re correct

I cannot imagine Houston does not go for Amen, it just makes too much sense. They have been rumored to be wanting an insanely athletic backcourt and what that team lacks is creation and Amen is their best option for that. Their team would be such a mess with Cam. It would be a bunch of guys who can score and nobody who can pass.

I think heā€™s implying it will be a Thompson twin or Whitmore. Most of the mocks Iā€™ve seen suggest it will be Whitmore to Detroit.

And most of the mocks I saw last year had them taking Keegan Murray. There is always some surprise when draft day actually shows up. Scottie Barnes over Suggs, Keegan over Ivey, etc. I would not be shocked if Brandon Miller ends up there at 5.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Closer to draft time, it was definitely thought that the Kings were either taking Murray or trading the pick and the Pistons were taking Ivey if he was available at #5. About a week before, there were reports that Ivey did not want to go to the Kings and was not in communication with them. The biggest surprise was Jabari Smith going 3rd. That didnā€™t flip until Vegas betting odds starting changing the night before the draft.

1 Like

Am I reading this right that Pistons have this yearā€™s first round pick but do not have another until 2029? Where did those picks go? Are these picks going to the Clippers still?

1 Like

looks like itā€™s declining protection but since they donā€™t know when it conveys (and you canā€™t lose consecutive picks) they canā€™t trade it.

3 Likes

Yep. In the context of the article, they still have those protected picks, but canā€™t trade them since they technically belong to the Knicks. Itā€™s just a matter of when that pick is conveyed.

2 Likes

So my understanding is:

Say the pick conveys in 2024 (not likely), they canā€™t trade 2025 because you canā€™t lose picks in consecutive years.

But they COULD trade 2026 or 2027, but not until it conveys.

1 Like

Yep that is accurate

1 Like

Cam Whitmore to be a top 5 pick is really heating up. I have wanted Cam from the start and immediately after the lottery I remember seeing the odds for Cam to be picked 5th was +440.

As of right now, his current odds to be picked 5th are +140

1 Like

What do you all think of Brice Sensabaugh af 5? Is that wild?

Very wild. Completely untamed

1 Like

The guy I honestly think is getting short-changed in these discussions is Grady ā€œRichardā€

Shrinkage.

2 Likes