Taking Pistons on as my new second team

People make a big deal out of the money but Monty was going to receive 21 mil over 3 years by Phoenix to do nothing. If I’m giving that up it better be starting at 10 mil a year for at least 5 years.

It’s always funny to me when fans complain about salary especially when it’s outside the cap. It’s not my money! Give him a jillion dollars!

8 Likes

Funny thing is that Bojan will be the only player making more than him.

Throwing my hands up evaluating the draft board. Get anyone, get Jarace Walker for all I care. I have no clue how any of these guys will end up.

If I can get more draft capital in the future than in this year’s draft, I’d take that.

1 Like

I was all aboard the Whitmore train, but now I’m not so sure. Whitmore’s biggest negatives are his decision making and passing. The foundation of Monty’s philosophy is quick decisions and not stopping the ball. Whitmore can definitely get better, but I’m not sure the front office would give the coach a historic contract and then go draft the player who fits his style the worst of all the prospects in that range. If they think they can figure out the Thompson’s shot, I wonder if it would be one of them.

Well teaching and development is a pretty big part of coaching. I guess my take is that if you think a guy is great player but you don’t like that he stops the ball, I’d waive at your $12,000,000 coach

Can also just have Lakers pick who the Pistons want and then immediately trade the pick. But yes, I agree this would be a great move. Big problem unfortunately is that the Lakers don’t have any onerous contracts. Any trade would probably involve a third team or the Lakers needing to revoke a lot of bird rights to absorb salary

2 Likes

I think the Lakers have cleared cap space for a free agent signing (Kyrie?)

Yeah they have $85 million committed

I’m so incredibly down on Brandon Miller. I am
uncertain about the prospects of Whitmore, Thompson twins, Walker, Hendricks, Black but I’m almost certain Brandon is not it and I would not want to draft him even if he falls to five.

Highest upside really seems like Whitmore and Amen.

Yeah, I don’t think Miller has the same ceiling, nor do I think he even has the same floor as Hendricks and Walker. Stg he has bust written all over him.

If Miller slides to 5, he has to at least be considered. But, at this point, I’m hoping he doesn’t.

I was really high on Miller early on. Then the shooting happened and I learned he’s actually quite old for a draft pick. Then he stunk up the NCAA tournament. I think you take him if he falls to 5 since everyone is a wildcard, but I’m sort of glad we don’t have to consider him at 3.

If we’re talking about pure fit, Hendricks is one of them.

1 Like

Plenty of players stunk up the NCAA tournament yet turned out fine. It’s such a small sample size plus he was playing with a groin injury. Miller is an easy eval to me. 6’9" who can shoot and create. Yes, off-the-court incident involving shooting needs to be vetted but he’s in the same tier as Scoot and ahead of the rest of the prospects. If he’s there at 5, I would take him. Brandon Miller is only 20 and will turn 21 so it’s not an issue to me.

Whitmore is incredibly young and he has shown more playmaking in USA U18. Nova offensive system under Neptune stinks out loud.

Also, I think Whitmore isn’t a ball stopper. He has to be the #1 option because Nova as a team is bad. He’s good in C&S, cutting, and driving on closeout.

1 Like

I think Miller should be like Keegan Murray. Valuable on the right roster.

Monty, Casey and Beilein all seem like good dudes. Happy to have them all in the organization.

2 Likes