Taking Pistons on as my new second team

Yeah. I agree.

Two more thoughts? Would you trade Kilian straight up for him (in a fantasy land w no salary cap)?

Or his Ben’s value actually negative now? You would need picks back to take his salary?

With $ being even, I’d trade Killian for Ben Simmons in a heartbeat. With no cap, I’d need pick/s coming back with him.

1 Like

Yeah, you trade Killian for Ben because they’re both unplayably bad, but Killian isn’t getting paid a mint

1 Like

Killian’s showing some signs of life over his last 4 games. It’s not much, but much better than his first 10 games.

Yes, he’s shot over 20%

1 Like

Over 45%, even!

Ironically what they need is a Keegan Murray or Jerami Grant type. But they had so many other needs that came first.

Every team needs forwards

1 Like

memed-io-output

2 Likes

Probably why he has such a synergy with Orlando who only plays power forwards

2 Likes

All aboard the Wemby Express

Whoever wins the lottery out of Houston, Magic, Detroit, OKC has the real chance of creating the next Dynasty. i really doubt we’ll get so lucky. Question: if we have the number 1 odds of the number 1 pick, would you trade it for top 10 chances provided you gain some good players or assets? Maybe I’m being silly but I would.

Man good thing they picked up Killian’s option. I can’t think of a better tank commander. Killian 30% usage!

I think the Magic will play themselves out of the #1 odds, they just have more talent than the Pistons, and now that they have 3 guards, I tihnk they’ll be vagely frisky. Not “good”, but I think they’ll be a real team. They beat my Bulls last night (sure, it took Vuc missing 2 FTs to tie it), Franz had 20 on 9 shots and 8 assists, and Harris’ return really helps them.

In my mind its Pistons and Rockets in a race here.

2 Likes

SGA is way too good for the Thunder to finish bottom five.

OKC is more than willing to sit everyone with a pulse down the stretch, as we’ve seen.

As constituted, I think two of the 3 spots at 14% are the Pistons and Rockets. You have the Magic and Thunder sure, but I wouldn’t rule out the Hornets punting stuff and running for it, and even the Lakers honestly.

Do the Lakers have a pick to keep to tank? I think they have a pick swap with the Pelicans next draft.

2 Likes

I think you’re correct but I’m also not sure they’re inclined to dodge sucking because they’d need to trade their firsts out in the future to improve

1 Like

Nope, the only incentive for the LAL is to win games. NOLA might have a shot at Wemby to add to their absurd roster which is crazy to think about it.

So I know I’ve seen the question posed before and generally the answer is “no way in heII anyone trades the number 1 overall pick in the 2023 NBA draft.” And generally I’ve thought that take was a no brainer…but after looking through OKCs future picks again I just feel like they are in the position to make a historic offer if they are really trying to put all their eggs in the Wemby basket.

They currently hold 17 picks in the 2024, 2025, and 2026 drafts with 11 of them being 1st rounders. Just hypothetically, say the Thunder get the 3rd pick in the draft. If you’re picking at #1 is there anything the Thunder could offer you to move back 2 spots?

1 Like

If the Pistons don’t get Wemby, I want the Thunder to get him to pair with Chet.