Taking Pistons on as my new second team

Freak talent and all, I would be terrified to be the latest franchise burned by the really tall guy that ends up with a lot of foot injuries. I could be talked into playing the odds against any potential injury history down the road, and take an offer loaded with a young star and a lot of picks.

1 Like

They could play those two and Poku and have like 21 feet of length at like 580 pounds

2 Likes

Yeah, you have to sign Poku to a long term contract if you have the other two.

Pistons on a two game road winning streak! Took down the Nuggets and Jazz on a B2B. Kevin Knox did what now?? 21 points on 6/8 from distance. Heard a stat last night that Pistons were 6-36 playing against the Jazz in Utah since 1979 or somewhere around there. Make that 7-36 now! This without Cade being available.

1 Like

I asked the question last night on Twitter but didn’t get an answer.

When was the last time the Pistons, Lions, and Red Wings had all won at least 2 games in a row?

3 Likes

Obviously there is no control over which lottery ball is drawn, but I just wanted to commemorate this name and photo next to the Detroit Pistons

4 Likes

Sure would love it if Brandon Miller solidified himself as a good third pick. Been a Pistons fan too long to believe we will get the #1. And not sold on Scoot even if he is BPA. It’s common to say BPA regardless when you suck, but there’s definitely not enough ball to go around between Cade and Ivey and Scoot, and positional logjams often lead to those trades where you send a dollar and take back three quarters. I’m harboring the fantasy that Detroit gets 2, Orlando gets something lower, and we trade Franz for the #2. Orlando has a lineup of Franz-sized people and no guards. We badly need a wing like Franz. Scoot has to be insanely good to truly be worth more than a 6-10 elite wing defender averaging 19/4/4. Not sure that he is.

3 Likes

I’d take Scoot. I’m not sold still that the Pistons have a future all NBA player on the roster.

1 Like

Not sure how you use him on this roster, but yeah, Scoot is definitely the second best player in the draft.

I think it’s awfully hard for guys that small. Trey Young has made 2 all-star teams in 4 years, but gets just abused in the playoffs, putting a cap on what you can do with him and/or mandating how exactly you have to build around him.

Scoot doesn’t have Trey Young’s regular-guy build – looks much more athletic. But I think it illustrates how truly great you have to be to be truly great at that size. Meanwhile, guys like Franz are going to be just incredibly valuable for their two-way positional flexibility. I have no idea if Orlando would give him up for a shot at Scoot in my admittedly unlikely scenario here. But I’m not at all certain that Scoot is the guy for us. One problem is that Cade’s out for the year. I think we’d know a lot more if we’d had him out there playing and developing. But, we don’t.

3 Likes

What a night for the @mgl special. Killian Hayes with 22, 8 and 4 (on 10/13 FG). Bagley with 19 and 13. Pistons win in OT.

5 Likes

Just like I drew it up

3 Likes

Killian Hayes had a Big Boy game tonight.

1 Like

Did Beilein fix Killian?

2 Likes

I mean he’s shooting 37%

Let’s see a season over 40 before we declare him fixed

2 Likes

Don’t know if I love it or it makes me feel uneasy

2 Likes

Wait, what?

I’m sure he and Livers had a bet on the Big Ten Championship game

13 Likes

So Jim Harbaugh saved us from seeing Livers in a Purdue jersey, what a good guy.

3 Likes

Definitely looks like he turned a corner. Stuffed the stat sheet tonight. And one of the few in this game that played any defense.

3 Likes