Report: Four-star guard Lester Quinones sets Michigan official visit

I don’t know about Penny at Memphis but it wasn’t that long ago that Cal and Pastner were kicking it there. As for Maryland, their name popped up a few times in the FBI thing plus Turgeon has a formerly disgraced coach on staff (Kevin Broadus).

2 Likes

This is true in aggregate, but each individual recruit has a higher or lower propensity and thus recruitability for Michigan…which btw, has nothing to do with our standing as a program.

Kevin Broadus, Maryland, is slimy. Look at what he did at his last coaching stop. Forcing teachers to change grades, covering up arrests, etc. He’s the guy recruiting Quinones and I don’t expect a guy like that to do anything the right way. He has a history.

Hopefully Penny is doing things the right way at Memphis, but that program doesn’t have a good track record.

LSU is LSU. You know they go under the table. Let’s be realistic about that program.

I am definitely not one of the people saying we had a bad season. I was very happy with the season. Disappointed with the way it ended, but still happy overall. I’m not a fan that is afraid of Michigan playing anyone. Hell, I wanted them to get Duke or MSU in the Final Four. (other than the fact that I want MSU to lose every game they ever play)

Still letting the whole thing play out, just giving me opinion on our competition recruiting him.

3 Likes

I don’t see that shot form doing well at the next level, starting from the hip like he does on occasion in the video.

Obviously it’s not ideal, but form is less important than how quick someone can get a shot off. There are plenty of players who have had less than ideal form that have had long careers being good shooters. And he’s proven he can make 3s at a high clip. I wouldn’t worry about it. He has good size and athleticism.

4 Likes

I mean, Cassius Winston has an unorthodox push shot that starts low but he gets it off quickly and obviously the results speak for themselves.

1 Like