Report: Four-star guard Lester Quinones sets Michigan official visit

Do you really believe Beilein guarantees recruits playing time?

I think the larger point would be that if Poole is on the roster there is a much less obvious path to playing time.

I think It’s pretty simple if we sum this up: Quinones will only come here if Poole leaves, but the odds of him ending up here are still iffy because he is so heavily pursued. And I honestly hope Poole doesn’t leave but from what I’ve heard is that he will be leaning toward leaving.

What have you heard? From where? (re: Poole leaning toward leaving) Not questioning you, just interested.

I don’t think he guarantees playing time but I do believe he could show a direct path to a lot of mins.

1 Like

I wouldn’t count on Poole being part of this program next year. Maybe things change but if I were a betting man, my money would not be with him being in Ann Arbor.

There was a 247 article recently about him wanting to decide in a “few weeks” Obviously things like that are always fluid, but it also sounded like we told him we were gonna have space awhile ago (like months) and wanted him to visit at the end of the season. So far these chain of events are still expected to happen.

It is worrisome to see how many other options he has and that he doesn’t have any obligation to just go with us.

Michigan is probably the best of the options for guaranteed team success and Michigan is a top tier school in player development.

So pretty much what Beilein likely tells every recruit.

A little different when you are telling a recruit that we don’t have any players at the 2 guard spot vs telling a player that you will need to come in and compete with Teske/Castleton at the 5 or Livers/Johns at the 4. We don’t have a shooting guard…a little easier for a recruit to understand

1 Like

agree, but sorry, that wasn’t the original proposition

“All but guaranteed or an indication that it is his to lose”. If Poole is gone, what do you think he will be told? It will be him, Nunez, and a couple of point guards who will be out of position playing the 2. I think what I stated is exactly what Quinones will understand once our roster is finalized. The original proposition is one that I believe will be obvious to him if guys leave. The coaches aren’t going to play games with him if they need him at the 2.

Now you’re just yoyoing between your posts. Beilein will explain what we need and what we have without “guaranteeing” a starting spot. That was and remains my point. Plus I bet Bajema is more likely to be playing the 2 than Nunez.

2 Likes

Dakich just tweeted and delted “Good” in response to a tweet saying that Quinones has canceled a visit to Indiana. I generally like Dakich because he’ll say what he thinks even when he knows its not popular. So without getting to negative and trashing anyone here, any idea why he’d say this?

Because Dakich is dumb

It does seem a little. . . misguided. Why would he want to alienate people there?

Assumptions suck. I know you’re being subliminal but what’s so “sqeaky” about Maryland and Memphis? Everyone assumes that because certain programs get good players they are “sqeaky”(cheating). Has any of the sqeakiness translated to conference championships and runs in the tournament? We can compete with the best for recruits now. We have beat out Duke for a Player… Msu for a couple Player… Uva for a couple players… OSU for players… I’m not coming at you but let’s stop with the assumptions. Our program is in fine standing and we can compete with these programs. People are saying that we had a bad season and we won 30 games! Smh. If you’re afraid of those programs… You shouldn’t be a fan and I’m happy with the recruits we have. Cole bajema will make people zip it as will Jalen Wilson. We are in good shape. Obviously we have a chance if he put us in hos top seven. Let it play out.

1 Like

Cole bajema is a shooting guard and a damn talented one. He can play the 1,2 and 3 bit is best suited as a two. Do not sleep on him. The national champs offered him and don’t forget zeb Jackson can play two as well. He was another UVA OFFER. I also think Eli can hold it down. We are good. If Lester comes I will be happy but bajema is the better shooter in my opinion and he’s more versatile.

I will take that bet.

Zeb Jackson won’t be on the team next year. I like Bajema a lot, but I’m not sure he will be ready year 1.

1 Like

What bet? I am not sure what you are suggesting.