Quiz: Most Big Ten & NCAA Tourney Wins

You don’t think Beilein will be the head coach next year but you don’t think he is going to be fired?

You’re predicting Beilein is going to resign? Retire? Die? Study abroad? At least try to make sense.

Hail, you’re trying really hard and I respect that. You can’t give up. It’s not in you. I wish our team played that way this past season.

I’m going to help you out here and end this discussion. I made that comment less than 2 weeks ago. If you add 365 days from the Indiana game in the big ten tournament, you’ll enter the end of next season. In conclusion, I believe JB will be the coach next season.

So you think next season will be his last season at Michigan then? Why would it be?

Hail, this discussion is over. You hijacked this thread enough. Let’s agree not to engage in any dialogue for the foreseeable future.

I’m not surprised. This thread makes your prediction of Beilein being fired (or dying??) at the end of next season look stupid and now you’d rather “not engage in dialogue” than retract your statement from two weeks ago.

1 Like

While we’re at it, can you agree not to post in any threads I start for the foreseeable future?

5 Likes

I appreciate the thread. It really puts things in perspective.

That shouldn’t be tough.

You use this to get out of a discussion you look silly in and then less than 24 hours later you’re back to engaging me in dialogue in other threads.

lol

1 Like

Shame on me.

There has to be an ignore button on this site. You and I will never see eye to eye. I’ll message you if I need fishing advice. Have a good one.

Pretending to avoid me in dialogue again because he won’t put his money where is mouth is regarding Beilein.

$200 says Beilein is the coach in 360 days. You don’t think he will be. Why not take the easy money?

I already called him out and bet him $100. He didn’t take me up on it. Would have been a very bad bet.

Interesting stat, but I think these arbitrary rearward measures are a bit of a trap. They’re a way to say that a program or a coach “deserves” to be thought of in a different manner, when in fact there’s probably a good reason why the prevailing opinion is what it is. (In other words, what happened 4 or 5 years ago has little bearing on today.)

For example, at one time you could’ve made a strong backward-looking argument that Bruce Weber was an outstanding coach at Illinois, when it was actually quite clear all along that the Illini were just living off what Bill Self had built.

How would you apply your theory to Tom Crean?

Exactly sometimes I feel our fan base when it comes to hoops are cool with being mediocre . It is like they just cool with getting to the tourney . Maybe I’m spoiled knowing we were good in the 70s, 80s, & 90s before the dreadful Amaker/Ellerbe era happened.

1 Like

Interesting that those top 4 schools happen to be killing it in football too.

1 Like

Dunno, some statistics just state their case pretty straightforwardly. Third best in conference over five years–that’s a tad bit better than mediocre. Yup, coulda done better, but the notion that we should have it out for Beilein after what the team has gone through? Ludicrous. Just think if we hadn’t had all those injuries.

I’ve been watching Michigan basketball since Cazzie. Graduated from UM in 1970. I’ve seen all of the ups and downs. I’m not “satisfied with mediocrity.”

The “satisfied with mediocrity” nonsense is nothing more that trolling. Don’t bite.

2 Likes

I have been watching since the 76 team played Indiana in the finals. Ricky Green & Steve Grote are is still my favorite Wolverines. But I honestly think that John Beilien is the best coach they have had in that time. Maybe not the best recruiter, but the best coach!