9. Illinois
  10. Nebraska
  11. Minnesota
  12. Northwestern
  13. Penn St
  14. Rutgers
    Thoughts? Your predictions?

Maryland loses multiple seniors 4 of which contributed double digit mins

If stone comes and is a beast they could be real solid but I’m wondering who replaces what dez wells did, layman should be able to produce more and some underclass men will have opportunity

But melo Trimble and jake layman aren’t dominating the big ten.

I drop Maryland down to 5 everybody else goes up one and maybe flip flop state and Indiana

Maryland loses multiple seniors 4 of which contributed double digit mins

If stone comes and is a beast they could be real solid but I’m wondering who replaces what dez wells did, layman should be able to produce more and some underclass men will have opportunity

But melo Trimble and jake layman aren’t dominating the big ten.

I drop Maryland down to 5 everybody else goes up one and maybe flip flop state and Indiana

Maryland will be the favorite to win the Big 10 and could be a Final Four caliber team. Trimble (leading scorer) and Layman (leading rebounder) helped Maryland finish 2nd in the B10 this year.

Add Stone (top 5 freshman), Robert Carter (6’8, 250 lbs transfer from GATech that averaged nearly a double double), and potentially Damion Lee - 5th year senior transfer, 6’6 guard that was the 5th leading scorer in the country.

1 Maryland
2 Indiana
3 Michigan (Levert)
4 Purdue
5 Michigan State
6 Ohio State
7 Wisconsin
8 Iowa
9 Illinois
10 Northwestern
11 Nebraska
12 Minnesota
13 Rutgers
14 Penn St

Easier to do it in tiers for me.

Top tier (top 10 NCAA teams): MSU, Maryland

Slightly below top tier (could compete for B1G title): Indiana

Middle tier (should be tournament teams): Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois

Bottom tier (capable of some upsets): Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern

Mediocre tier: Penn State, Rutgers, Nebraska

My prediction 1. Maryland 2. Indiana 3. Michigan St 4. Purdue 5. Michigan 6. Wisconson 7. Ohio St 8. Iowa 9. Illinois 10. Nebraska 11. Minnesota 12. Northwestern 13. Penn St 14. Rutgers Thoughts? Your predictions?

I would Sparty on top but otherwise about right.

1. Maryland
  2. Michigan
  3. Indiana
  4. Wisconsin
  5. Ohio State

I would move MSU up to one or two now that they got Swanigan. In my opinion, I am not sold on Indiana either, Crean has a hard time keeping all his players happy.

1. MSU
  2. Maryland
  3. Indiana
  4. Ohio St
  5. Michigan
  6. Wisconsin
  7. Purdue
  8. Iowa
  9. Northwestern
  10. Illinois
  11. Minnesota
  12. Penn St
  13. Nebraska
  14. Rutgers

1&2 are really close. If Indiana had a better coach, I think they’d challenge for the title as they may have more talent up and down than either MSU or Maryland. OSU/M/Purdue/Wisconsin are toss ups IMO. All are capable of cracking that top 4, but all have question marks. N’W/Illinois/Minnesota are toss ups for me as well.

What does OSU bring back next year? I know they lose Russell (has he declared yet?) Scott, Thompson, & A. Williams. Unless I’m missing something, I think they’re a 7th place team.

What does OSU bring back next year? I know they lose Russell (has he declared yet?) Scott, Thompson, & A. Williams. Unless I'm missing something, I think they're a 7th place team.

Their 2-4 spots are going to be as deep as anyone in the conference. Loving, Tate, KBD, Williams return and they bring in Lyle, Grandstaff and Mitchell - of which, I expect Lyle and Mitchell to contribute significantly early on. Grandstaff will probably only be asked to come in and hit some shots. They have question marks at the 1 and 5. Will Bell and Giddens be able to provide offense from the 5? Is AJ Harris ready to step in right away? Lyle can probably create enough offense on his own and act as the de facto PG, but we will see.

Overall, I think they’ll be a smidge worse defensively (though still a solid defensive squad) and much better offensively.

From what ive seen, Tate is a beast. Loving runs hot & cold. I guess I don’t know much about the other contributors that bacon141 mentioned to expect much from OSU next year.

1. Maryland 2. Michigan 3. Indiana 4. Wisconsin 5. Ohio State

Care to explain how Sparty does not even make your top 5? I hate them as much as anyone but you have to be realistic. They are the top program in the conference right now.

Also we don’t make the top 5 next year without Caris and/or Brown.

I think MSU and Maryland are the favorites. I would probably put Maryland 1 and MSU 2. I haven’t examined everyone’s schedule, but I think UM finishes somewhere 3-5 with Indiana and OSU. I wouldn’t be stunned if they finished higher either. We will have a good squad.

Easier to do it in tiers for me.

Top tier (top 10 NCAA teams): MSU, Maryland

Slightly below top tier (could compete for B1G title): Indiana

Middle tier (should be tournament teams): Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois

Bottom tier (capable of some upsets): Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern

Mediocre tier: Penn State, Rutgers, Nebraska

I agree with your assessment completely.

1. Maryland 2. Michigan 3. Indiana 4. Wisconsin 5. Ohio State

Care to explain how Sparty does not even make your top 5? I hate them as much as anyone but you have to be realistic. They are the top program in the conference right now.

They are more likely to underachieve imo. No one would be high on them if they were in any of the other three brackets and went one and down like they would have done.

They have plenty of question marks as well. Also not sold on Valentine or that West Virginia transfer (whos team got a lot better when he left) as being team leaders.

Also I think the top few teams will only be separated by a few games.