Jeff Goodman ranks U-M No. 15 next year

LeVert missed the second half of the season due to a foot injury, and if he and Walton are healthy, the Wolverines will have one of the best backcourts in the Big Ten -- and maybe even the country. Dawkins showed flashes last season, Irvin is a tough matchup, and Doyle and Mark Donnal both have a year under their belt now.

Maryland (1), Indiana (11), Michigan State (14) are ahead of them from the Big Ten.

Thoughts?

Any other Big Ten teams in top 25? Purdue? I think 15 is a fair starting point for M preseason. Crazy that UMD went from not making the tourney 4 straight years and having 5 transfers, to being #1 preseason a year and a half later…

Wisconsin at 18, Purdue at 22, Ohio State at 45, Illinois at 49

Wouldn’t be surprised if we are that good, but it seems like 15 might be a little high on a pre-season poll considering how many question marks there still are.

18 seems high for wisc after losing everything they did, and 45 seems low for osu.

I’d put UM at 20-22, Wisc 25-28 and OSU 28-30. I wouldn’t touch the rest.

15 feels high, between 20 and 25 maybe based on how many returning players there are.

I get that Hayes is good and that Koenig is a gamer but I just don’t see wisky being anywhere near the top 25 next year. As for U of M, I think we’ll surprise folks.

If memory serves, Goodman was the “sideline analyst” last year at the Legends classic and probably saw us at our best vs. Oregon and Nova. Seems like since then, even with the injuries, he’s always been a little higher on us than his colleagues at ESPN.

If memory serves, Goodman was the "sideline analyst" last year at the Legends classic and probably saw us at our best vs. Oregon and Nova. Seems like since then, even with the injuries, he's always been a little higher on us than his colleagues at ESPN.

It seems to be something a bit more persistent, Goodman has seemed to have a relatively higher opinion of UM than most other national analysts do since I’ve followed him.

No chance Indiana is that high. Top 10 talent - top 40 coaching.

I think that’s pretty bold to put us in the Top 15.

Not that I don’t think we are, but after last year and still so many questions, it’s hard to really know.

MSU is rated too high. They return only one top notch player, weak PG and lots of un-proven talent. They have as many question marks as UM, if not more. They may be good by season’s end, but not pre-season.

MSU is rated too high. They return only one top notch player, weak PG and lots of un-proven talent. They have as many question marks as UM, if not more. They may be good by season's end, but not pre-season.

I would count Eron Harris as a proven talent. I assume that Izzo will make him worse, but he was basically Stauskas that can’t pass at WVU.

Speaking of Eron Harris, does anyone remember what happened with his visit that made Beilein basically stop recruiting him as a transfer?

Speaking of Eron Harris, does anyone remember what happened with his visit that made Beilein basically stop recruiting him as a transfer?

From what I remember, Harris changed plans concerning his visit to M, while in East Lansing visiting MSU. Harris informed Beilein he would be visiting M with friends instead of his parents, and Beilein cancelled visit.

I had heard that Harris wanted to bring, essentially, an entourage of friends with him on his visit to UM, and we told him based on that it might not be the right fit.

I had heard that Harris wanted to bring, essentially, an entourage of friends with him on his visit to UM, and we told him based on that it might not be the right fit.

Yep, pretty damn sketchy.

Smart of Beilein to lay off IMO.

I know nothing about Harris’ home situation or the people he numbers among his friends so I can’t judge. I’m sure the coach had his reasons beyond these general circumstances.

I know nothing about Harris' home situation or the people he numbers among his friends so I can't judge. I'm sure the coach had his reasons beyond these general circumstances.

No, not really. That is basically it.

Its not an amusement park. He was already in college for 2 years. With the recent twitter rant of one of their former players, it makes sense they would be okay with a kid that has the mentality.