Potential Transfer Targets (Summer 2016)

Do you find it interesting that the school hasn’t acknowledged Spikes release? They’ve mentioned Rickys but not Spike.

Not sure they ever acknowledged Max’s either.

1 Like

Spike hasn’t graduated yet - could be a possible reason nothing official from the school.

Thanks, that helps make sense of such a possible move.

If we are going to look at grad transfers hope the staff reaches out to Rodney Pryor from Robert Morris, going to be a lot of schools after him however.

Dylan, any interest potentially in Justin Simon from Arizona?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/715541430106660865

Valpo’s Alec Peter’s apparently could graduate this summer. We need to get on him right now. If we could convince him to come, it seems like he could be a season changing player.

3 Likes

I look for Beilein to retool. He has always adjusted his offense around his player’s abilities. Unless Walton has a complete transformation they need to get him off the ball they way they intended if Caris had remained healthy.

Alec Peters is Kevin Pittsnogle. We need him in maize and blue

1 Like

More like Beilein’s perfect 4 man.

18.4 ppg, 8.4 rpg.

56 2P%
44 3P%

6’9"
225 lbs

wooh

Didn’t Beilein say he was against the Grad Transfer system .So if he’s stated that why would he go out an encourage a grad transfer to come here …Seems hypocritical to me to say one thing an do another

JB likes his salary more than he dislikes the grad transfer rule is my guess.

Beilein has talked about not liking the grad-transfer rule when it seems like it’s a rent-a-player, when a guy doesn’t really look to be making progress toward a graduate degree. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the grad transfer we know of went to Columbia and probably could handle and would be interested in grad work at Michigan. It’s not all that different from what he says about potential one-and-done guys. He’s not necessarily against it - and he hasn’t discouraged guys from leaving early - but he wants guys to “unpack” at Michigan and not be merely rent-a-hoopsters.

Just stated in the presser that he is fine with the rule. Doesn’t like it when it comes to transferring within a conference.

Which totally makes sense to me from a coaching perspective. Would only be a hypocrite if he accepted a grad transfer from another B1G school.

Personally, I think kids should be allowed to leave without any hindrances, just as coaches can leave without sitting out a year.

1 Like

Totally agree. And I don’t really understand why–even if it’s the right thing to let them go–Beilein can’t also say, very frankly, that it annoys him.

Alec Peters would be a perfect fit. JB needs to get on that hard core. No more pussy footing around.

The word on Peters seems to be that he’ll test the draft waters first and then that Vanderbilt could be hard to beat considering his relationship with Bryce Drew.

1 Like

I forgot about the Bryce Drew angle. Damn. He would be a perfect fit

You guys crack me up. You seem to think this highly gifted 3 million dollar coach is sitting around cracking pumpkin seeds waiting for the likes of you to light a fire under him. “No more pussy footing around”–rilly?

2 Likes