Possible Trevor Manuel visit this weekend

Per a 247 teaser on Twitter, it sounds like Trevor Manuel may visit UM this weekend. Rivals guys sounded like they were a bit skeptical about UM pursuing Manuel due to the fact that he may not be a good “fit” (read into that what you will), but if Manuel visits there’s obviously interest there.

To be clear, the teaser doesn’t specifically say who, but Manuel is top 50 to 247 and seems like the most likely candidate.

Manuel is from the Lansing area before going to Oak Hill. So this might be part of a visit home for him. I’m not sure of out interest level. If he attends the game, I wouldn’t read too much into it,

Wonder why the thought of not good fit. I hope he is visiting. I like the fact a top 50 kid would visit. Offer forthcoming if true?

No. There will not be an offer forthcoming if he attends the game.

The owner of 247 just crystalballed him to us

Chatman/Wilson/Manuel/Doyle/Donnal would be quite the frontcourt. Nice blend of length, athleticism and skill that I’m not sure Beilein has quite enjoyed at UM.

I like this.
But
I never heard we actually offered him.
Anyone know?

Looking at the guy’s tweets and thinking that coaches can get a pretty good fix on a kid’s mental health and makeup by monitoring them.

The owner of 247 just crystalballed him to us

Chatman/Wilson/Manuel/Doyle/Donnal would be quite the frontcourt. Nice blend of length, athleticism and skill that I’m not sure Beilein has quite enjoyed at UM.

Would be a great get, and as you say, the length would be awesome! Wonder if we ramp up the interest in McQuaid with Kennard out of the equation seemingly? Gonna be interesting to see if any new targets emerge on the AAU circuit this spring.

I like this. But I never heard we actually offered him. Anyone know?

We have not offered him, and I’m not sure where the 247 guy is getting the idea that he’s coming to Michigan.

6’9" Trevor Manuel, @jerrymeyer247 's #50 junior, said Michigan, Michigan St., N.C. St., Wake Forest & Xavier are recruiting him the hardest

I know some think Manuel isn’t in play but Jerry Meyer says he doesn’t think MSU is in play and there seems to be legitimate interest by our staff.

6'9" Trevor Manuel, @jerrymeyer247 's #50 junior, said Michigan, Michigan St., N.C. St., Wake Forest & Xavier are recruiting him the hardest

I know some think Manuel isn’t in play but Jerry Meyer says he doesn’t think MSU is in play and there seems to be legitimate interest by our staff.

I’m hearing NC State for Manuel. Lavall scouted him when he was still at Lansing Sexton. I think grades were the issue at the time. Maybe he fixed that at Oak Hill, but I’ve heard nothing to the effect that Michigan is close to offering him.

6'9" Trevor Manuel, @jerrymeyer247 's #50 junior, said Michigan, Michigan St., N.C. St., Wake Forest & Xavier are recruiting him the hardest

I’m hearing NC State for Manuel. Lavall scouted him when he was still at Lansing Sexton. I think grades were the issue at the time. Maybe he fixed that at Oak Hill, but I’ve heard nothing to the effect that Michigan is close to offering him.

So character issues? Too bad. Looks like the most impressive bigman target that we actually have a shot at… Ellenson didn’t even mention us out of a list of 20 or so teams when interviewed by Meyers. Manuel seems like another Wilson. Hopefully someone will pop up and fill that post spot in 2015.

So character issues? Too bad. Looks like the most impressive bigman target that we actually have a shot at… Ellenson didn’t even mention us out of a list of 20 or so teams when interviewed by Meyers. Manuel seems like another Wilson. Hopefully someone will pop up and fill that post spot in 2015.

Not character per se. Just from a tough background where academics were not attended to.