Podcast: Practice is underway at Michigan and Michigan State

3 Likes

Some rather peculiar noises make their way into Quinn’s mic. Adds to the ambiance I suppose.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my fault. I was trying to remove background noise and it made him sound garbly a few times.

Also…his fault because he didn’t have the right mic.

I don’t regard it as a problem. I think a lot of it is dog related and it’s kind of funny.

2 Likes

Great pod as always. Best new feature of the site.

1 Like

Great Podcast, those noises were pretty funny too

1 Like

I assume the 2 recruits in today ( Todd & Moody) can watch practice. Correct?

Yep – I would think that any official visitors would watch practice as part of their OV.

Not sure where to put this

11 Likes

I think you’ve put it in just the right place and I’m glad I came to the site tonight and read it! Oh, and I DO think Tim McCormick knows just little bit about college basketball, collegiate players, and MICHIGAN! Thanks for sharing it!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Can’t read a practice report by Tim McCormick without thinking of Laval Lucas-Perry.

7 Likes

My memory is foggy regarding McCormick’s comments about LLP. Can you remind me what he said?

He would be the best Michigan point guard since Rumeal Robinson.

2 Likes

Haha I know. LLP was a classic. That’s the #1 thing I always think about anytime McCormick hypes up a Michigan player.

1 Like

He thought Lucas-Perry would be better than Jalen Rose? Holy hell.

1 Like

File this McCormick player insight as totally meaningless.

1 Like

So, Tim McCormick played 90 games for Michigan from 1980-1984. He played nearly 1500 minutes for the Wolverines starting during his junior and senior seasons. During those final two seasons at Michigan he averaged nearly 12.2 points and over 6 rebounds per game. He went on to play in the NBA for eight seasons where he averaged 8.3 ppg and 4.9 rpg. Tim has been a basketball analyst for ESPN, runs the NBA Top 100 camps, and works as a pregame and post game analyst for the Detroit Pistons. BUT, he makes a mistake on LLP and suddenly posters on a message board know more about Michigan basketball than he does, and his opinion has no merit and is “meaningless?” OK…let’s just say I don’t agree, but have fun.

9 Likes

The point is just that McCormick is definitely prone to hyperbole whether it is talking about LLP as the “best Michigan PG since Rumeal Robinson” or saying that Juwan Howard reminds him of Pat Riley.

5 Likes

Is he prone to hyperbole or did he just epically
miss on his assessment of LLP? I don’t recall any other similar examples. With Riley, he’s just comparing his high-energy style…he’s not saying Juwan will be the best coach since Riley…so I don’t count that as hyperbole.

2 Likes