Podcast: Friday Previews! MSU-Gonzaga, Wisconsin-Stanford & Michigan-EMU

3 Likes

I found the answer to Dylan’s question about attendance

It’s going to be a quiet affair

Love the pod, but please please know it’s pronounced Gon-ZAG-A. There’s a reason they say “Go Zags” , not “Go Zogs”. You guys are the best, and maybe this is just part of Brendan’s shtick of being unable to pronounce names correctly lol

thank you Mr. Smits

1 Like

I didn’t know the Dunking Dutchman was on this board.

2 Likes

UM Hoops knows no boundaries

1 Like

Do I say it wrong? I feel like my nasally accent would lean into the ZAG part.

I’ll be at the UM Pitt game in Broooklyn on the 16th Dylan! I’ from NY so when they play in the area is usually when I get to go to a game. Went to UM MSU at the Garden for B1G tourney several years ago. I’ve still got to make my way to Ann Arbor for a game one of these years coming up. Would love to feel that atmosphere. But maybe I’ll bump into you Wednesday lol.

1 Like

There’s something that just feels right about college hoops in NYC. Always a big fan of those games.

3 Likes

garbanzo, gorgonzola, gononzonga….just be happy you don’t have to hear my dad try to pronounce Gonzaga

2 Likes

You’re no Brendan lol, and you would think the Midwest dialect would help, but…

1 Like

Ha! Oh well, luckily they don’t play another Big Ten team :rofl:

2 Likes

Give BQ some slack…he’s still transitioning from his goff job (aka golf) and hasn’t worked out the pronunciation of all these teams yet.

3 Likes

Is it Nate Reevers or Roovers?

Or Reeoovers

The correct usage is Reevers/Roovers.

7 Likes

On the pronunciation tip whe they kept saying “there will a lot of juice there” I heard “Jews” and the Kyrie aspect aside, thought “probably some at least?”

1 Like