Podcast: Former Big Ten MBB head Rick Boyages explains officiating; plus thoughts on Purdue, IU, and more

Another v interesting bit, yeah.

I thought people were blowing smoke but they were right. Incredible pod. Maybe an ex official might be the next step for a guest if you guys can swing it.

As an aside, death to autobench.

Offended BQ called us super nerds tho

3 Likes

Iā€™m flattered - most people call me a mediocre nerd.

I on the other hand am an extremely cool guy

5 Likes

/looks at @BigBoutros UM Hoops message board statsā€¦

Absolutely not a nerd. :rofl:

5 Likes

#engagement is #cool

Iā€™d probably die of embarrassment (not to mention get fired from my job) if you ever published the time I spent reading, lurking and, otherwise #engaging with this boardā€¦

5 Likes

Friends, cut this out before Dylan raises pricesā€¦

3 Likes

Late to the party here but drove my son back to college today and caught up. Fantastic pod. I was really engaged with the interview. I was a weird mix of feeling sympathy for how challenging the entire ref situation is, frustrated at the old boy stuff, and vindicated by knowing there is some built in ā€œbiasā€ toward the score, the foul count, star players, or coaches.

Loved some of the ideas discussed about fouls and replay - and wish the league or NCAA would act on them. I also feel like thereā€™s a clear opportunity for the league to hire primarily full time refs and fill in with part time guys. They could control their travel, they could control some of the discipline, etc.

2 Likes