Podcast: Big Ten Tournament Preview and All-Big Ten picks

Feel like Dylan is doing a boutros on the Michigan/Purdue pick

As always, great podcast. I have enjoyed the league coverage and commentary all year. Couple of thoughts: 1)Michigan’s season is going to come down to the last 5 minutes against Purdue on Friday, right?
2)Painter should be coach of the year without question. The Collins hype by saying NW took 2nd is questionable. All the teams 2-8 are a play/shot away from being 2nd or 8th.
3) Picking a perfect bracket in the big ten tournament seems impossible.

1 Like

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

2 Likes

i, for one, will be serenely levitating 18 inches above my couch when this happens

2 Likes

The board might have to shut down for a bit if there’s a Friday OT loss

Haven’t listed to the podcast but from the comments it sounds like nobody is giving Rutgers a chance and I’m just here to say that you’re absolutely correct.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hunter Dickinson first team per media.

Collins COTY … Ridiculous as I said on the pod.

3 Likes

I think Hunter deserves it, good for him

2 Likes

Painter coach of the year with a bullet. Starting 2 freshmen in his backcourt and lapping the field is impressive.

6 Likes

I will be p**ping a large brick under my couch when that happens.

It’s gonna be hilarious when NW loses the close games next year and goes 5-15 in the league. Collins will be back on the hot seat and people will wonder why he was named coach of the year.

grade inflation? at northwestern? well I never

1 Like

note: i have no idea if northwestern is famous for grade inflation. if they aren’t please pretend for the purposes of the joke that they are. thanks

2 Likes

BQ’s voice impression of Izzo was oh-so-close…yet oh-so-far.

1 Like

The ivies and private scholls are notorious for absurd amounts of grade inflation compared to public schools like cal and michigan, so i have no doubt NW fits that mold.

1 Like

To answer the question from the 16:00 mark – in 2020, Indiana was pretty safely in the NCAA field, appearing in 95/97 brackets as a 10 seed (The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2020). They were the 11 seed in the BTT, blew out Nebraska on Wednesday, and 12 hours later the entire country shut down.

5 Likes