Offer Day

And unfortunately, Michigan is not a recruiting "Mercedes" when it comes to top tier college programs. Kentucky is a Mercedes, Duke is a Mercedes, Kansas is a Mercedes. We have a good reputation, but we just don't have that kind of pull and prestige. Top 20 recruits are not lining up to sign with us.

If you are a PG and being coached by Beilein and Lavall Jordan, Michigan is a Mercedes offer to help develop you for the league.

And unfortunately, Michigan is not a recruiting “Mercedes” when it comes to top tier college programs. Kentucky is a Mercedes, Duke is a Mercedes, Kansas is a Mercedes. We have a good reputation, but we just don’t have that kind of pull and prestige. Top 20 recruits are not lining up to sign with us.

Duke, UK and KU are not pursuing DTJR.

Thornton Coleman Battle Leaf Swannigan Too much to ask for?

Yes.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't take a commitment from Thornton if it comes, only that a commitment from a highly sought after player soon after official offers come out, and this far ahead of signing day, carries some degree of uncertainty. There's a lot of time for top schools to try to lure him away (anyone who thinks interest and pressure from other schools will be largely or completely gone if he commits to us is deluding themselves) and for him to change his mind.

And unfortunately, Michigan is not a recruiting “Mercedes” when it comes to top tier college programs. Kentucky is a Mercedes, Duke is a Mercedes, Kansas is a Mercedes. We have a good reputation, but we just don’t have that kind of pull and prestige. Top 20 recruits are not lining up to sign with us.

He has had offers that he could have committed to. Beilein has to be the only one left to wait until June 15th of their Sophomore year. The early signing period isn’t that far away. New to basketball recruiting?

And unfortunately, Michigan is not a recruiting "Mercedes" when it comes to top tier college programs. Kentucky is a Mercedes, Duke is a Mercedes, Kansas is a Mercedes. We have a good reputation, but we just don't have that kind of pull and prestige. Top 20 recruits are not lining up to sign with us.

If you are a PG and being coached by Beilein and Lavall Jordan, Michigan is a Mercedes offer to help develop you for the league.

Couldn’t have said it better. In fact, if you’re a PG, UM might be a Bentley.

This is the deepest PG class in a long time. UM can get DTJR and there are 15+ top notch PGs that bluebloods could pick from. For reference, Jalen Brunson would be in the backend of the top 10 PGs in 2016 imo. I see no risk of him being “poached” if he committed early.

Doesn’t matter when he commits if this is the place he REALLY wants to be.

Gotta agree Michigan is a destination for point guards and shooters. Its worth a million dollars a year at the next level!

DTJR has his offer.

Thornton has his offer.

Winston offered

@Balas_Wolverine
Derryck Thornton Jr and Jon Teske get Mich offers. Tj leaf to get a call from beilein at 6 Pacific

Battle in next half hr.

Welp.

@TremendousUM
2016 five-star guard Tyus Battle tells me that he has gotten the call and #Michigan has offered

Seth Towns
‏@seth_towns17
Offer from Michigan :part_alternation_mark:️:heavy_check_mark:️

Add Seth Towns to the list. Front page articles going up for all the offers.

Winston visiting next week

I pray Thornton commits sometime in the immediate future.

Says he wants to visit in the fall when school is in session. Sounds like a done deal.

Says he wants to visit in the fall when school is in session. Sounds like a done deal.

It does sound like he is about ready to commit. However, I think MattD’s worry (possibly justifiably) is that Winston may commit on a return visit. I’m with him in that I would like to get Thornton in the fold before some other PG prospect commits. Odd that Winston’s visiting again so soon after saying he wanted to take his time with his recruitment. Missing out on Thornton because another prospect committed in front of him would be very sad to me.

Problem is that Winston is visiting next week. Lets hope Winston doesn’t beat DT to the punch.