Off Topic: 2019 Michigan Football

2 More Things:

1. I hope we never ever run another screen pass to McCaffrey.

2. Running anyone but Ben Mason at 4th and goal at the 1 makes no sense to me.

7 Likes

If youā€™re looking at any of the offenses you just mentioned and think theyā€™re similar to that outdated trash that was on display last night then I canā€™t help you.

Thereā€™s a reason this program and itā€™s coach are the biggest laughing stock in CFB outside of Tennessee. They were trounced by that shit show that Mullen threw out on the field last week.

Sorry that the truth hurts, Iā€™ll pass on the kool-aid

I think youā€™re severely discounting Juwanā€™s handsomeness here!

Right. Michigan and Harbaugh are the 2nd biggest laughingstock in CFB. When 125 programs would trade places and coaches. Even putting us in the same breath as Tennessee is insane. See ya dude.

4 Likes

Letā€™s lock this thing :lock:

6 Likes

Same breath as Tennessee is insane, but clearly we are way worse than Idaho. Theyā€™ve got it good in potato country.

1 Like

UCLA is another program in just a little worse shape than us.

2 Likes

Hmmmm.

Since Harbaugh has taken over, Michigan has the 7th most wins of any team in college football. Itā€™s probably not quite what most people had hoped for, especially his record against OSU (just as a reminder - coached by a guy who was probably a top 3-4 coach of the past 30 years in college football). But frankly, objectively speaking, not too many programs or commentators should be laughing.

And if weā€™re a ā€œlaughingstockā€ under Harbaugh - who has won 10 games three times in four years - what were we under Rod and Hoke?

You can criticize all you like, but over the top hyperbole just makes you sound like a lunatic.

7 Likes

I agree about the D even though there were a couple starters that didnā€™t play. Even if M goes unbeaten it would be difficult to make the 4 team playoff when Alabama,Georgia,Clemson and Oklahoma are getting all the hype. You almost have to kill the opposition to get notice. AKA Penn St winning 79-0. Also there should have been an investigation when OSU stole two of Harbaughā€™s defensive coaches.

Our interior DL just isnā€™t at playoff level. I hope Jeter gets healthy and surprises me to the point I raise my expectations, but Iā€™m keeping them tempered.

It will be a good season, but Iā€™m not expecting Indy or the playoffs.

1 Like

They may have the same criticism when Juwan Howard loses his first game.

2 Likes

Why stop there? Implode Crisler.

1 Like

There will definitely be major speed bumps with those two. There will be great flashes of potential too. Super talented kids, but DT is really difficult for true freshmen.

Juwan sure getting the PR thats for sure from the college baseball WS, Tigers baseball game interview to this game. No wonder recruits are attracted to M basketball with all the attention Juwan getting from the media.

Youā€™re running your mouth an awful lot. Just make sure you show up and take some abuse after we get some big wins this year. Guys like you(Valenti) tend to disappear or backtrack later on.

2 Likes

Offensive line did not look particularly good. Runyan returning should help, but there is legitimate concern about RT.

I doubt Gattis was emptying out the playbook against MTSU. Wisconsin game will serve as a better barometer as to what this offense will be.

I kind of agree with Oberon on Don Brown though. If we donā€™t see some major adjustments to solve problems in the intermediate and short passing game, this teamā€™s ceiling wonā€™t be as high as we want it to be.

you have to give oā€™hara a lot credit for making some tough plays.

I agree with the comments about the DTs, and about Don Brown. Iā€™m kind of hoping that Shaun Nua can make an impact there with the others that maybe wasnā€™t available to the position group in the previous few years. Say what you will about Brady Hoke as HC, but he knows DL. He found hidden gems and coached them up good. 2016ā€™s insane DL was very much Hokeā€™s work. I really hope we get Smith and Hinton in there to learn as they go. As I understand it theyā€™ve got the physicality required.

Hayes graded out as the top OL according to the coachesā€¦though I didnā€™t think he looked it. We had two freshmen book ends, and we have a lot of experience. I expect the OL to be one of the best in the country by yearā€™s end. I have faith that one of Mayfield or Hayes will be more than serviceable.

As for Don Brown, heā€™s given us a good defense every year heā€™s been here. Heā€™s had a couple bad games that fans seem to value over every other game heā€™s coached. Other than DT, I donā€™t think we have many questions on D. If the DTs donā€™t step up (and not having Jeter or Dwumfour last night absolutely affects our play), then the opponents can focus on our DEs who I think are good but not good enough to overcome a bad interior. Last year we had a very good back seven, but you could have 7 hall of famers back there and it doesnā€™t matter if you canā€™t get pressure with your dline. Haskins was gonna light us up no matter who was covering when we got absolutely 0 pressure on him last season.

1 Like

Harbaugh said Bredeson graded out the highest. I think they gave Hayes the weekly award because he exceeded expectations.

1 Like