UM Hoops and Inside the Hall are hiring a recruiting writer with experience in the space. This person would contribute to both sites with regular updates and stories about Michigan and Indiana men’s basketball recruiting targets.
This is a part-time paid position.
An ideal candidate:
- Has an understanding of the men’s college basketball recruiting landscape
- Has experience interviewing high school coaches, AAU coaches, prospects and parents
- Has a portfolio of written recruiting stories
- Is comfortable using social media
- Has covered prep and grassroots sporting events in person
- Can be located anywhere
- Can have additional responsibilities elsewhere (scouting, freelance, etc.)
- Interviewing high school prospects, coaches and parents
- Publishing timely stories on both UM Hoops and Inside the Hall
- Posting message board updates as required
- Covering recruiting events – either in person or remotely
Send resume/portfolio to email@example.com with RECRUITING WRITER in the subject line.