Noah Dickerson - Strange Article Concerning UM

Recently decommited from Georgetown, initially says UM has offered, but then says UM has been evaluating for 2 years. Kind of a weird article from a UM standpoint to be honest…why would UM even be a focal point of the interview if he wasn’t considering UM (which I assume he isn’t). I’m always skeptical with upper tier bigs, because well, they simply don’t come here, but the tone as it relates to UM in this article is strange.

Bonus talk of Bruce Brown as well

Dylan - any insight?

Has he visited?

He is fishing for a UM offer. Looking at that list… he isn’t going back to GU and UL’s front-court is set. UVA or UM? He probably wants a better option than UVA, though the rumor was Duke was interested.

He was at camp last year. Haven’t kept up with him lately, will do some digging.

Does Beilein consider camp as a visit? Or it needs to be a full visit with a complete academic tour?

Looks to be carrying some bad weight, but does seem to be light on his feet. Not the greatest athlete from a vertical standpoint, but pretty agile for that size.

Does Beilein consider camp as a visit? Or it needs to be a full visit with a complete academic tour?

Using Jamal Murray as the barometer, I’d say the full academic tour is required.

I suspect he would need to visit to get things started again and to potentially get an offer.

Looks to be carrying some bad weight, but does seem to be light on his feet. Not the greatest athlete from a vertical standpoint, but pretty agile for that size.

Yeah…he and Caleb Swanigan are in that same mold. Not a rim protector but perfect offensively for UM’s offense and an elite rebounder. Maybe the staff felt he and Doyle were too similar?

He does seem like he is fishing in those quotes a bit.

I may be way off-base, but I wonder if a Michigan offer these days carries a lot of weight with recruits now because 1) UofM doesn’t extend a ton of offers and 2) Other coaches seem to be paying attention to who Michigan is interested in and often jump in to recruit. A Michigan offer could be viewed as a springboard to bigger offers. Obviously this theory doesn’t really apply to your established five stars - they are already on the map. Speaking more about under the radar guys.