Nik Stauskas spending the summer at Camp Sanderson

Could be good for some of the young guys sticking around to work with him.

DJ Wilson, Mark Donnal, Ricky Doyle, Aubrey Dawkins, Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman, Kam Chatman all mentioned staying around this summer with Sanderson.

DJ Wilson, Mark Donnal, Ricky Doyle, Aubrey Dawkins, Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman, Kam Chatman all mentioned staying around this summer with Sanderson.

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/576448310791274496

That’s great to hear. And while things could change, this certainly implies that we won’t have any transfers this offseason. I guess some of the body language experts on this board were wrong.

Camp Sanderson or not, Kam Chatman has to be considered at risk to transfer. Kam is a long way from home and he had a disappointing season. DJ is also at risk a little bit, for the same reasons. But his disappointing season was nothing compared to Kam’s.

Kinda wish he would have stayed in school…

Camp Sanderson or not, Kam Chatman has to be considered at risk to transfer. Kam is a long way from home and he had a disappointing season. DJ is also at risk a little bit, for the same reasons. But his disappointing season was nothing compared to Kam's.

If they’re staying over the summer…when exactly would they transfer?

If they’re staying over the summer…when exactly would they transfer?

These guys don’t give Coach Sanderson a deposit. They said they will be there in the summer, but sh*t happens and they could change their mind.

Guys could say they are staying this summer and then decide to transfer. Generally everyone meets with Coach Beilein after the season to discuss their role in the program going forward, etc.

Sometimes that can come quickly (Michigan lost to Ohio on Mar 17 and a press release was out on Mar 21 that Evan, Colton and Brundidge were leaving the program.

If they're staying over the summer...when exactly would they transfer?

These guys don’t give Coach Sanderson a deposit. They said they will be there in the summer, but sh*t happens and they could change their mind.

Oh I see what you’re saying. I could have sworn you said “Camp Sanderson or not”…as in…whether or not they stay to workout all summer, they could still be a transfer risk. My bad.

I had the opportunity to speak directly to Kam after the Wisconsin game on Friday (and to speak to Brendon Quinn, who interviewed him before the Rutgers game the week before). Of course, kids can change their minds–with that said, I would be stunned if Kam transferred. In addition, JB was genuinely very high on his future, which would seemingly preclude the possibility that he will be told something at the post-season meetings which would prompt transfer thoughts.

Any reason why Robinson wouldn’t be sticking around this summer? You would think he would want to stick around.

Only 140 characters in the tweet. Have to think all the guys will be there for at least one summer session and others for more. More will be out soon, or you would think it would be especially after season ending meetings.