Next Year Team and Rotation

If that was the case I would use this rotation
C Doyle/Donnal
PF Wilson/Robinson maybe start Bielfeldt at the 4 if he returns
SF Irvin/Chatman
SG LeVert*****/Dawkins/MAAR
PG Walton/Spike

Fun exercise, but it depends too much on the LeVert decision and other unknown roster spots. Bielfeldt, Wagner, Brown, someone else?

Irvin is certainly not a great defensive option at the 4, but I’m not sure who we have that would be clearly better at this point. Bottom line, we’re not going to have a strong interior defense next season (again), no matter who we put out there. Frustrating, yes, but that’s the reality of our roster. Even if we had somebody like that to play at the 4, Beilein is very unlikely to play two C/PF types at the same time. That’s just not his style. If our defense is going to be mediocre at best regardless of who starts, we may as well get as much offense out there as we can…that formula has worked before.

While I agree that the initial defense may not be good regardless of whether it is Irvin or Chatman at the 4, I’m inclined to believe Chatman can do a better job of keeping the opposition away from the offensive glass with a year of Camp Sanderson.

They have enough players that can play the 4 Robinson is 6 foot 8 and is good size for the 4, Wilson can play the 4, If Bielfeldt returns he can play some 4. We do not need to go small at the 4. Even Donnal can play some 4. Their are a lot of options not just Chatman or Irvin.

They have enough players that can play the 4 Robinson is 6 foot 8 and is good size for the 4, Wilson can play the 4, If Bielfeldt returns he can play some 4. We do not need to go small at the 4. Even Donnal can play some 4. Their are a lot of options not just Chatman or Irvin.

There is no way Max will ever play the 4 at UM, neither will Donnal…those guys simply don’t have the skills JB craves at that spot. Wilson may be able to at some point, but I don’t anticipate it will be this year.

There is no way Max will ever play the 4 at UM, neither will Donnal…those guys simply don’t have the skills JB craves at that spot. Wilson may be able to at some point, but I don’t anticipate it will be this year.

They would never which I wish was not the case. There rebounding struggles as is, a lineup with both Doyle and Max in or Maybe Doyle and Donnal would rebound better. Max and Donnal can shoot well for a JB 4 but they are big men not what JB likes at the 4.

I think that our rebounding will improve with Walton and Caris back. Doyle should be better. Irvin really rebounded well late in the season.

I think that our rebounding will improve with Walton and Caris back. Doyle should be better. Irvin really rebounded well late in the season.

That is if caris comes back.

I don’t think you can start Irvin at the four. Too many pieces now. You have options of Chatman, Robinson, Wilson maybe even Wagner now. Irvin would have no pressure coming off of the bench, playing a role SIMILAR to his freshman year, but with more opportunity and more of a penetrating role, not just shooting. This is only if Levert stays, although I don’t think he does.

I don't think you can start Irvin at the four. Too many pieces now. You have options of Chatman, Robinson, Wilson maybe even Wagner now. Irvin would have no pressure coming off of the bench, playing a role SIMILAR to his freshman year, but with more opportunity and more of a penetrating role, not just shooting. This is only if Levert stays, although I don't think he does.

There is no way Irvin goes to the bench even with Caris back.

Wasn’t the Michigan transition game very poor this year when Walton and Levert were the main rebounders? Along with injuries the Michigan fastbreak transition game was quite poor. Tough to win games if you don’t get much in transition.

webbdog- you are quite liberal with the disagree button on here, which is totally cool, but you never seem to say why you disagree or counter-argue the claim that was made. It would be nice if you would explain why, just for the sake of the conversation.

Ha Ha… At times I Do, but other times I just feel it’s best to agree to disagree…

webbdog- you are quite liberal with the disagree button on here, which is totally cool, but you never seem to say why you disagree or counter-argue the claim that was made. It would be nice if you would explain why, just for the sake of the conversation.
Ha Ha... At times I Do, but other times I just feel it's best to agree to disagree... https://youtu.be/FshkO8HqQ10

Just stop