NCAA Résumé/Non-Conference Discussion

Villanova in a BATTLE down ONE at home to CREIGHTON with less than 2 minutes LEFT.

Tie game. 32 seconds left. Nova ball. This is where champions are made.

Providence now 13-10 (3-7); that victory is probably on the verge of dropping to Q3 status.

Nova about to escape in OT

Nice win for Nova against a top 50 kenpom team.

Villanova down one at Marquette with less than 15 seconds and the ball.

Wow, one of the worst final possessions I’ve ever seen. Not even hyperbole.

2 Likes

Thought Booth had a layup there, once he passed it up the possession was doomed.

Even if he was worried about getting blocked it seemed like a floater would’ve been a totally fine option there.

Or kick it out to the pick and pop. “Worst possession ever” seems based on the result more than the action.

I think if you consider the defense by Marquette it might be. They messed the switch up so bad and gave Booth a clean path right to the basket.

Having an open shot attempt, not taking it, then pivoting around for a couple seconds before passing it out to a guy who has no clue what to do and doesn’t even get a shot off in time is one of the worst final possessions I’ve seen.

Yeah, I guess I think more about the initial play when people say that. As in a bad possession is one where you never get into an action that should work. But yes, the result was awful :wink:

Yeah I mean more just like “wtf just happened.”

It was set up well, agreed.

Sorry for dominating this thread, but South Carolina is up 5 against Arkansas with 8 minutes left in a pretty entertaining game. They just went on a 22-4 run. SEC Network.

update: USC wins 77-65. Arkansas was kenpom top 50, nice win. They’re now 7-3 in the SEC.

3 Likes

Providence went into MSG and beat the Johnnies by 14. Yay.

2 Likes

What a weird season for Providence.

1 Like

UNC lets one get away from them and loses to UVA at the Dean Dome. Big call overturned a three-pointer that would’ve put the Heels up by three but it pretty clearly was still in Coby White’s hand when the shot clock expired.

1 Like

UNC had two tough breaks on shot clock expirations, the other being a half of play at the end of the first half that (correctly, barely) overturned an easy layup.

1 Like

South Carolina moves to 8-4 in the SEC with a home win against Texas A&M.

2 Likes