College Basketball Open Discussion

In retrospect, maybe UNC only beating Wofford by 11 should have been a warning sign. I wrongly assumed they’d beat Texas by 6 to 10 points and comfortably lead throughout.

Hopefully we can take care of business against them too. It seems like Little should be playing a lot more.

Are most UNC fans outraged about the Little thing? I know Roy has done this in the past but it feels so obvious that he’s the most talented guy on the team this year

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1065803937507356672?s=21

UNC’s best lineup is with White, Williams, Little, Johnson, and Maye. It’s just not a lineup you see from Roy Williams, ever. In this lineup they had Cam Johnson posting up at times. Made no sense. They’ll get figured out at some point.

It’s unbelievable to me that Garrison Brooks is starting and getting as many minutes as Nassir Little. Roy’s “get fringe 5 stars to stay 4 years” strategy is great, but when you’re starting generic 3 stars over a guy like Nassir Little it gets laughable. Experience over talent is not something that should be blindly followed.

I agree with the poster above who mentioned Coby White as someone to watch, but he’s not a PG. There’s nobody on the UNC roster right now who is a PG and the team won’t be great until that is fixed. I can’t predict anything other than the Michigan defense eating UNC alive until I see someone take that role for UNC.

1 Like

I think I might like UCLA in that game

Apologies to the board for taking out my UNC frustrations here. For a basketball school we have the shittiest forums and blogs imaginable. Most people blindly follow Roy to the point where they think he’s infallible.

2 Likes

My brother went there so he’s bummed tonight. It’s a b-ball forum. Talk away imo. Maybe the NCAA thread though. I’d like to hear who everybody likes this year.

I’m sticking with vandy as my non big ten sleeper. I’m convinced shittu will play himself into a top ten pick.

3 Likes

Not a deep sleeper, per say, but I like Virginia Tech this year. Justin Robinson is a great point guard, I think he has some great team help too.

In terms of other teams, I think Stanford is one that will get better as the season goes on. I’m not sold on them being like Sweet 16 material or anything yet, but I think they’re more talented than their blowout losses.

2 Likes

Didn’t see the others but that win over FSU for Villanova was a rock fight - not the sort of basketball you expect from Jay Wright. I understand FSU has a knack for producing such games but it sure looks like Villanova still lacks a quality offensive option.

1 Like

Collin Gillespie is playing very well in games against everyone other than Michigan. Here are his offensive efficiency numbers for his first 7 games–115.2, 195.1, 123.7, 157.5, 109.0, 143.4…and 59.4 against Z.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Michigan ranked 4th in initial NET Ratings

South Carolina goes down at home by 20 to Wofford to move to 3-3 on the season.

2 Likes

Think that’s all accurate and fair outside of Wisconsin.

3 Likes

What about Minnesota? That’s cold, Mr. Pitino.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gonzaga down to Creighton at the half. Dominant performance from Michigan today and I could see us jumping up to #3 in the country

1 Like