NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

How do you mean?

1 Like

Sorry: I think heā€™s going to be real good.

1 Like

As in OSU was on the receiving end of Oralā€¦Roberts?

2 Likes

man smith is quick

4 Likes

I really hope so. Right now he struggles so much getting the ball to go into the hoop at all 3 levels :grimacing:

Whoaaaaaaa @umhoops, I canā€™t say cr@p and this gets through the filter!?!? I feel like an old Southern lady with her fan about to faint.

2 Likes

Nice team to zone against

7 Likes

Itā€™s funny 'cause itā€™s true!

1 Like

2nd half i can see a total dominant by Hunter.

I donā€™t think I have ever seen as many air balls on 3s in a game as I have today.

Why, he was just talking about the 15 seed that OSU lost to - Oral Roberts. Nothing beyond that.

2 Likes

Anytime a player is benched for foul trouble and that player doesnā€™t foul out of the game it was a mistake.

2 Likes

Franz is doing great today. I wrote in the Staee-UCLA game that Franz simply needs to be as assertive as Joquez in those big games, in order to take his game and this team to the next level. But Iā€™m just enjoying a great team effort today!

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t necessarily say that. The point of the autobench is to protect him to play down the stretch.

Where itā€™s a mistake is when the opposing team goes on a big run when heā€™s on the bench and that ends up being decisive.

Sadly our side of the bracket is all chalk so far. Was hoping thereā€™d be a chance at a double digit seed in the Sweet 16 but 4 and 5 both won. Of course I can never complain about bracket luck for a long time after that 2018 path to the Natty

Edit: maybe Pitino will do us a solid!

1 Like

I used to believe that, but I came to realize that I was wrong. The problem is, letā€™s say Franz gets two first-half fouls and stays in the game. Now, the rest of the half, the other team is running their offense to attack Franz and try to pick up his third. Michigan either goes to a zone to protect him or they risk giving up blow-bys repeatedly.

Itā€™s really besides the point of the discussion anyways.

We arenā€™t running out sub optimal lineups as a response to foul trouble. Weā€™re just doing it. It will be very annoying if that continues to be the case in future matchups.

Ride or die with your best players in a do or die situation, period.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not unusual for a team to have a deeper bench in the first half and then tighten up the rotation in the second.

1 Like