Michigan's game at Penn State postponed

Damn I want to play this weekend! Want to keep rolling.

Obviously out of anybody’s control but I do wonder what the best scenario is. I get wanting to keep momentum, but this has trap game written all over it. Road game, short prep against a feisty team, followed by another short prep for Wisconsin. I kinda lean towards being okay with it being postponed to prep for Wisconsin.

I’ve now realized the Wisconsin game’s on Tuesday, so that’s only 5 days away. Not too long a break, and extra time to prepare. It’s actually quite possibly a lucky break.

1 Like

I totally agree!

Particularly with Brooks suffering a facial injury. A good spot for a mini break.

3 Likes

Of course it seems almost assured that more big ten games will get cancelled but right now the middle of this schedule looks super manageable in kind of pods where games are played with 3-4 days in between –

6 day break

Wisco, Minny, MD, Purd

8 day break

Ind NW Sparty

5 day break before the gauntlet at the end of the schedule

1 Like

Was just curious and did a quick comparison of schedules between M and PSU. Couple of common options for a reschedule. M is off between Jan. 22-30 and PSU is off between Jan. 23-30. Also, they are both off between Feb. 21-27. Both could make for a game in the middle with somewhat normal rest. The only issue is the Feb. dates would be 3 road games in a row for M.

Know PSU is in a world of hurt with 4 games to make up but you would think they would want to take advantage of those more open windows.

I believe those days were built in specifically for rescheduled games. But yeah with PSU needing to make up 3 other games as well kind of hard to know what is the best way to do that

1 Like

Yeah those are basically built in collapsible byes that are intended for makeup games.

1 Like