Michigan Football vs Ohio St (THE Game)

Ladies and gentlemen. For the 3rd year in a row, our football team has officially defeated Ohio St. Idk how many of you guys are football fans or watched the game but, this win is so freakin liberating after all the scandal crap they’ve had to deal with this season, and now they’ve got a chance at a 3rd straight conf championship and CFP berth.

26 Likes

That was a great game. Two college teams that can actually play offence AND defence. That’s rare.

I’m mostly glad that the B1G is changing next year so there’ll be more than two good teams in the conference, but it’s too bad the overall significance of The Game will often drop a level.

7 Likes

@DMB43 ritual sacrifice was unsuccessful

6 Likes

I sacrificed our basketball program for an elite football program when I became a student :man_facepalming:

Today was pretty glorious so it’s okay!!

Did enjoy seeing Dug McDaniel ticket sale ads on the Jumbotron

12 Likes

Its great to be a Michigan Wolverine!:grinning:

10 Likes

We have a football team?

3 Likes

First OSU win I got to see in person after being 0-4 in 2013,15,16,17 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

2016 in person!? I’d never recover from that.

7 Likes

That felt like winning 3 seasons worth of games yesterday. Fair or not, if we’d have lost any of the games since Michigan State, would have been another degree of scrutiny. In any case, done all we can so far to minimize the benefits of “in-person advance scouting” under an enormous amount of pressure.

12 Likes

I would love to contribute to this thread but I am too busy listening to Ohio State fan-generated content all day until my wife threatens me

15 Likes

@hack She may have a point, at a certain point this seems unhealthy lol

Glad the Wolverines pulled through and in a measured and convincing way. Onward and upward, the championship game is next!

1 Like

That was my induction moment into truly hating OSU in the rivalry. I was previously more concerned with beating MSU because I grew up as a MSU fan in the state. No more, I was so sick driving home from Columbus after that.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing the same. A fun fanbase to watch meltdown.

1 Like

Nikos come back!!!

2 Likes

Look, nobody’s a monk here. We’ve all got our bad habits and our little unhealthy tendencies. These days I’m usually in bed by 11 and I’m always the designated driver. I never tip less than 20% and I help old ladies across the street. Can I please just have this one?

4 Likes

First time for me attending The Game in person and it certainly did not disappoint!

11 Likes

Tonight, Wednesday after the Game, I walked my dogs and listened to this podcast. I think there’s some German word for this …

2 Likes

One of OSU’s top commits flipped to Miami (FL) today.

1 Like

I saw, Florida schools really do love dropping bags of money

1 Like

Was thinking of what the basketball equivalent of this game would be and my first thought was 1-seed versus 4-seed Michigan/MSU Sweet 16 battle.

Winner moves on to take on a double-digit seed in the Elite 8 with a chance at a Final Four. Loser’s season is basically done.

4 Likes