Michigan earns No. 11 seed, will face Colorado State in opening round

“Florida state is way to big and athletic”

3 Likes

I’ve read that preseason rankings can be just as strong of an indicator of postseason success as anything. Hopefully that plays to our advantage as I believe we were preseason number 6 overall. I’m going to go ahead and choose to buy into that over the next few days and hope we go on a run.

3 Likes

CSU is #6 in kenpom luck metric as well, others ranked near them include wisco and providence.

2 Likes

On the plus side, Niko Medved doesn’t have John Beilein’s tournament track record.

2 Likes

Tennessee pretty much replaced their 3 best players in Springer/Johnson/Pons and went 14-4 in the conference and won the SEC Tournament. SEC was real good this year with Tenn Kentucky Auburn Arkansas and Alabama.

2 Likes

They also beat the juggernaut that is Arizona. Tennessee is good.

3 Likes

The draw is what it is and Tennessee is legit. I would just like to put together 4 good halves of basketball and see what happens and give them our best shot. They may beat us but with Rick Barnes tournament history I think we have a legit chance IF we bring our A-game.

5 Likes

That’s the problem with this Michigan team. We’ve beat and hung around with elite teams all season. And then, we’ve handed away MULTIPLE games against mediocre to bad teams with 2nd half breakdowns. But, we have to win the first game to have a chance at Tennessee. They are very very good, but would love to see them have to guard Dickinson.

2 Likes

Michigan lost two games all season to teams not in the NCAA Tournament, right?

3 Likes

Tennessee is very good and probably should have taken dukes 2 seed but no way were they were gonna let coach k fall from the 2 seed line. Amongst the 3s, only other option is Texas tech, which I’m not sure is any better of a matchup given they would have avoided putting us against Purdue/wisco.

2 Likes

Are you trying to use facts again?!

2 Likes

Minnesota and who’s the other one?

Yessir - Minnesota = bad; Indiana, UCF = mediocre; Seton Hall = decent

We had double digits leads against UCF and Indiana and up 8 with 6 to play vs. SH…

That’s multiple games.

Our SOS is what is what it is because we played a tough schedule - we won enough, but we weren’t an elite team. Lots of 5-8 minute breakdowns throughout the season.

2 Likes

UCF. And Rutgers if you don’t count the play-in game. Both on the road.

2 Likes

To be fair, not sure anyone is arguing 11 seed firmly on the bubble is an elite team.

2 Likes

We did also lead Minnesota in the 2nd half (though it was 4 points at halftime, and we trailed by the time we scored any 2nd half points).

1 Like

Two is technically multiple (the best kind of multiple).

1 Like

I thought Izzo said last year the First Four was the real start!:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like