Michigan earns No. 11 seed, will face Colorado State in opening round

Believe it’s already at -1

1 Like

Yeah, it’s Michigan. They’ll probably give us an 11:00 P.M. tip!

Oh, and not much love from Seth Davis. Basically said we should be last four in or first four out.

2 Likes

Roddy I think would pound Houstan into the earth. It really seems like the guys best suited to guard him is really Williams, but that means one of our starters won’t be there as much.

Really sounds like he’d have been a great spot for Isaiah Livers.

4 Likes

Also prevented us from potentially another demoralizing loss to Illinois that would keep Illini fans chirping. And it stopped Illinois from making a BTT run. All in all a solid loss.

A win maybe gets Michigan a 10 seed and a matchup with a 2 seed in the 2nd round. All in all a good loss. Certainly didn’t feel like it when I spent all weekend stewing over it but all good now.

7 Likes

Just too bad we got a functional 2 seed in Tennessee. One 3 seed (looks over in Greg Gard’s direction, seething) is actually worse than us on KenPom.

6 Likes

Roddy plays 4 or 5. Houstan won’t have to guard him. Imagine Diabate, Johns, Williams, and Dickinson will guard him

5 Likes

Any benefit for a streaky shooter like Houstan to be right back in the stadium he just played in? He did have a better shooting half in the 2nd half against IU. Of course its not hard to have a worse shooting night than he started with in the first half.

1 Like

Bigger benefit is probably that they’ll have to double Hunter. Imagine he’ll have some catch and shoot opportunities.

2 Likes

I have a hard time seeing Michigan make it this far but would be fascinating to have potentially Ohio State in the Sweet 16 and Illinois in the Elite 8. And heck Iowa in the Final Four.

3 Likes

Ya, I’m surprised Tennessee was a 3 not a 2.

1 Like

It’s a joke that Duke is ahead of them.

7 Likes

I LOVE this draw.

Colorado State - similar to us, good offense, bad defense. Two main guards are 6’0” and smaller. No one who plays 20 minutes a game over 6’5”.

Tennessee - very good team but RICK BARNES IN MARCH, plus two main guards that are 6’0” and smaller, and only one guy over 6’6” that plays 20 minutes a game (Fulkerson, 6’9”, 22 minutes)

Both should allow for 1) an engaged Hunter Dickinson to dominate, and 2) our guards to not get feasted on by larger scoring guards.

Don’t wanna get greedy from there but again…Villanova doesn’t play a guy over 6’8”. Arizona is good but Kriisa could be out and they might not even get there.

There’s a RUN HERE if we play close to our ceiling at all.

19 Likes

All of ESPN’s guys on their special have Wisconsin in their Elite 8. A lot of people into the wine tonight.

11 Likes

Yep. You just talked me into it. Booking for New Orleans!

7 Likes

Tennessee seemed very, very good in the kentucky and A&M games that I saw them in this weekend.

4 Likes

It’s not an easy draw but I like the fact that they’re in Indy even if Hunter doesn’t. Our team is talented too and hopefully they can prove to be a tough out over the coming week(s).

1 Like

#3 seed in the Wichita region. First round versus American University.

2 Likes

I will take this draw all day long considering it looked like Dayton or out were also real possibilities

2 Likes
17 Likes

Ugh. Will have to navigate work conflicts for this one.

7 Likes