Michigan earns No. 1 seed, will face Mount St. Mary's or Texas Southern in opening round

That seems extreme. Only issue with Livers healthy was playing AD too much. Now we’ve only had one game without Livers so seems extreme to be saying it’s our BIGGEST WEAKNESS

1 Like

I’ll add to this none of the lower seeds really scare me too much in the top half of our region and there’s a great chance upsets could leave our actual path looking like:

16 seed → St. Bonaventure → Colorado

5 Likes

Lol. Everybody’s a coach.

3 Likes

It’s fair to wonder what Michigan’s rotations will look like given this is Juwan’s first ever NCAA Tournament, but it’s also not fair to just assume that he’s going to coach like it’s just any ol’ regular season game, which seems to be what this Twitter guy thinks will happen.

2 Likes

IMO Livers should stop being injured. It hurts the team.

26 Likes

Everyone in the bar I was at was certain Leonard Hamilton had FSU +4.5.

2 Likes

A big part of that may have been the consecutive plays. Without Livers we needed minutes at the 4, how often did we see a smith-Brooks-brown-Wagner lineup this year? With back to back games part of the decision was to slot in johns who has been a 4 in for minutes, along with Williams. With a week of prep I bet brown plays more minutes and Williams fewer batting unforeseen events.

2 Likes

Good to have you on board. I live near Mount St Marys and will be rooting for them as well. Actually went to school there for 2 years before changing majors.

5 Likes

For a coach who has never been to the Final Four, that was so weird. You’ve got to at least try to keep playing there. Presumably the line was just a coincidence but…

Do you have any idea how terribly written your post is?

1 Like

LSUs defensive metrics are 125 in Kenpom, easily the worst of the power 5 teams in the tournament. Their offensive is probably more accustom to what we see at the top of the B1G though. I’d rather see LSU than St bona in round 2. Even without livers, Michigan is going to get theirs offensively against LSU.

9 Likes

Honestly, Illinois and us “switching” places worked in our favor in my opinion. Nothing is perfect obviously, but I’d rather be where we are than Illinois

8 Likes

I don’t spend much time sweating my writerly bona fides. Never could get through that book; found Hesse stultifying even as a teen, when everyone (in the 1970s) was reading him.

The article says Beilein was 18-8 in the tournament at Michigan. That was his record before 2019. He finished 20-9.

3 Likes

Whoops, thanks. Fixed.

1 Like

Michigan vs. MSM/Texas Southern will be at Mackey Arena and tips at 3:00 p.m. Saturday on CBS.

16 Likes

Just in case anyone else was curious (/ confused) like me given time changes and local sites and Indiana’s two time zones…Mackey should be on EDT.

Though if I have that wrong, please correct me!

1 Like

These are the two worst sixteen seeds according to KP and 2 of the 3 worst according to Torvik.

2 Likes

Of all time? Or just for this year?

For this year. They seem to fall in line pretty well in terms of where 16 seeds have been historically, except Texas Southern looks better than your normal SWAC 16 seed

3 Likes