2021 NCAA Tourney: Mount St. Mary's vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

5:10 pm tip on TruTV. Michigan faces the winner.

Figure we can just break this out into another thread.

Today, we are all Mount St. Mary’s fans because I started working on a MSM preview.

16 Likes

I figured you’d want MSM because you might have some footage of their Maryland game.

I’m rooting for MSM because I like hearing the announcers say “Damian Chong Qui”

1 Like

There’s footage of everyone, I just like MSM to win so I started on their preview. A bold, and probably wrong, decision.

13 Likes

I just put $100 on Texas Southern. Thanks for cementing my first win of the tourney.

5 Likes

I hate Christian Laettner and Duke so much that in some weird part of me he made that shot against Michigan and not Kentucky.

I mean, if he doesn’t make it, they don’t beat us in that tournament, so…

1 Like

That’s a good reason Dylan.

“Yeah, haven’t you read the fable?”

winthegame

Force of habit…

5 Likes

I’m already rooting for Mt. St. Mary’s just so Mike Smith can guard someone his own size for once.

4 Likes

I was just thinking Mike Smith could get his first shot block.

3 Likes

It’s incredible how little this looks like Assembly Hall to me

11 Likes

Especially with all these threes falling!

16 Likes

Mt St Mary’s dictating pace and style. This is how they want to play, not Texas Southern.

2 Likes

If we end up playing LSU then I want Texas Southern to win. If we end up playing St Bonny then I want the Mount to win. That is probably some big over thinking but I feel like each team would help us prepare better for one or the other.

4 Likes

Is anyone watching this game? I think our scout team might beat either of these teams. Which ever of these teams advances they will immediately be the worst team we will have played all year.

5 Likes

Nice thing about the Big Ten is there are teams with different styles. Purdue and Wisconsin slow you down. Illinois and MSU try to speed you up.

4 Likes

Agreed. That experience should serve Michigan better than playing either of these 16 seeds.

1 Like

Chong Qui looks like a budget Mike Smith.