Michigan Big Men

They lost in the first round. What is your point? They don’t have a good front court? Michigan wouldn’t benefit from having Swannigan?

Hailtothevictor is from the U.P. He can’t help himself.

How has it changed?

Me being from the U.P. has exactly nothing to do with the conversation. Leave the ad-hominem at the door.

No, they easily had a top 5 front court. It was an elite front court. They were a defense oriented and had rim protectors and still flamed out to Arkansas Little Rock in their first game of the NCAAT.

How did that happen?

Yeah, Golden State is the flavor of the month is also my impression as someone who does not watch NBA. The youth, as far as I can tell, love Golden State and bigs would rather be the next Draymond Green, I suspect, rather than the next back to basket post up player at Spurs. Youth find the Spurs old-fashioned I think. Not sure. But, right or wrong, that is the reason I inquired…A lot of people say “bigs don’t want to play at Michigan because Michigan does not have a strong post presence.” I am not sure if it makes sense given what kids find appealing now, and recruiting is, at the end of the day, dictated by the whims of 17 year old kids… My uneducated guess, because I do not watch the NBA, is that ultra versatile bigs would want to play for “small ball Michigan”. I don’t know. So, I was wondering if people who watch the NBA could shed some light on it.

Poor guard play and poor coaching. Leaving Swannigan on the bench down the stretch was criminal.

You are posting as if it’s not realistic to have good guard play AND good post play.

News flash, you can have both. See Wisconsin, Maryland, Indiana and the rest of the sweet 16.

So you’d like if Beilein ran Michigan the way Crean runs Indiana? Tread carefully here, troll.

Also, honest question:

Is your brother a bit slow? How does he think my statement about Purdue’s front court changed?

1 Like

So you’d like it if JB runs his program like Coach K?

you cannot stay on topic let alone draw a conclusion.

I’d love if we had Coach K. Where does this come from? You’re the one that cited Indiana. I’d say Beilein has had more success at Michigan than Crean has had at Indiana, despite Indiana being a more fertile recruiting ground and a more historic program.

So why would Beilein model his program after what Crean is doing in Indiana? Why cite them?

Hahaha. It changed because Purdue’s bigs all of a sudden werent elite.

You are Joe Namath strrrrruuuuggggllliiing

Because the brothers love to move the goalposts and throw in non-sequiturs when their poorly formed arguments have been picked apart.

There you go again. Inventing an argument. I cited Indiana’s team THIs year as having both good guards and good post players. I didn’t cite their program.

But keep trying to put words in my mouth. It’s the only chance you have to sound knowledgable.

Funny you didn’t cite Wiscy… Probably because you know you had no argument with them. You’re Such a troll or maybe you just live in the U.P.

Coming from the guy who throws out make believe numbers

Which numbers are make believe?

It never changed. This is what I originally said:

“How’d the team with that elite front court (Hammons/Haas/Swanigan) do in the NCAAT?”

Then I said:

“Alone none of them might not be elite, but Purdue certainly had a top 5 or higher front court this season.”

And…

“No, they easily had a top 5 front court.** It was an elite front court**.”

Ask your brother what “front court” means. It means the group as a whole, not each individual player. A trio of Hammons/Haas/Swanigan is an elite front court.

Nothing changed. Try to keep up.

Inflated stats are make believe! They never happened. It’s a guess

You are really caught up on where I live. Why?

This is worse than I thought. You do realize that extrapolated is not the same as inflated, correct?