Juwan Howard undergoes heart procedure

4 Likes

well that is scary but glad it was successful. get well soon Coach!

4 Likes

Let’s get Associate Head Coach John Beilein’s thoughts:

https://x.com/johnbeilein/status/1702769106645123505?s=46&t=25NEcR9UsaDZVnfWxknfFQ

4 Likes

So what does full recovery mean as compared to returning to the program?

Probably has to do with the amount of physical effort or time he’s allowed to be engaged with the job. Walking versus running, sitting versus standing, hours of rest versus activity, etc.

1 Like

Prayers and good wishes to coach Howard. Aortic aneurysm is very serious, as in if the artery ruptures, your dead. 4-6 weeks returning to coaching is optimistic. But I’m sure coach is in good physical condition so it’s possible. Sure glad they caught the condition before it was too late.

12 Likes

Juwan has my whole heart… love that man for life :heart: get well soon

10 Likes

Get better soon Coach Howard! Glad to hear it went well.

4 Likes

It says the tweet was deleted … what did it say?

Glad that they caught this issue in time and that he is in good hands with the University hospital. Rest up and get better, Coach!

2 Likes

I think it’s the same one that shows up in this other thread: 2023-24 Roster Discussion (Part 2) - #5985

1 Like

Just a bunch of letters. Accidental I’m sure but hilarious and odd timing

1 Like

Glad that they caught the situation early and wish Juwan a speedy and full recovery.

1 Like

Very happy they caught this and the procedure was a success. Big thanks to the doctors and onward to a speedy recovery for Juwan!

2 Likes

Prayers have gone up for Coach’s well being and speedy recovery. See you back soon! Go Juwan and Go Blue!:hushed::slightly_smiling_face::wink:

3 Likes

Call me crazy, but I can see a storyline here. Michigan after a long and difficult season that ended up unsuccessful gets ravaged by draft decisions and a star big man transferring out. Juwan goes out and lands some quality pieces some who are being counted out because of various reasons and brings them in to join players already being counted out. This new and older team buys into a new identity and really gets after it. Missing their coach for majority of pre-season work is hard, but when Juwan comes back the players buy in even more and are galvanized to play for themselves and their coach for a school that is being counted out. This team goes on to play with some level of urgency not seen in the last two seasons and over performs and has success!

3 Likes

Call me crazy, but only 17 posts for the health of our beloved leader? Come on folks! Give it up and let’s send some love and healing to Juwan.

5 Likes

Get well Coach! Can’t wait to participate in your Standing O on November 3.

2 Likes

Glad that he came out okay and the heart issue was caught early!

Terrific result for Coach Howard. Work the rehab, get your rest, and follow Doctor’ orders. And Jenine’s orders.

Tons to be hopeful and happy for moving forward. Jace to graduate, Jett starting his own career in the NBA, and your Team wants you back more than you can possibly imagine.

Who knows? Someday UM may even positively figure out bball NIL and non-graduate transfers.

I said Someday…

1 Like