Jordan Poole, Charles Matthews declare for NBA Draft

Thanks. My bad. I hadn’t read the NBA Draft Projections & Mock Drafts 2019 thread until today.

Matthews is officially in the draft.

13 Likes

Good for Charles! I hope he surprises people and finds a spot in the NBA.

4 Likes

I look forward to a lot of that Charlie Matthews smile in the league for years to come.

1 Like

Do you think NBA analysts will describe him as a Kentucky transfer?

12 Likes

Adam Silver: “With the 56th pick, the Los Angeles Clippers select Charles Matthews, forward who transferred from Kentucky”

15 Likes

#Hegone

Yep, it’s legit. I gave them my credit card info and Jordan made a cameo for me! Nah, didn’t do it, but I researched it and it sure seems to be legit. And I, and probably more so the NCAA, say that would make him a pro. Gone, BP3. I wish him well.

I will say this, at 20 bucks a pop, he’ll have to make a lot of these Cameo shots to earn a living! Oh, and for you football fans, you can get Karan Higdon for $10!

1 Like

Jordan Poole is apparently quite the entrepreneur

Interesting way to end your NCAA eligibility.

4 Likes

Personally, I’m glad he did this. Now we know he’s leaving for sure and can plan accordingly. I’m sure the staff is somewhat disappointed, but they’d rather know in April than the end of May.

2 Likes

Good luck to the young man! Make it count and don’t look back! I will be tracking your progress at the next level!!

1 Like

I have a feeling Jordan made his decision shortly after receiving the advisory committee feedback, so this is not surprising Beilein at all. Nice for any fans who were holding out hope to know, though.

As we’ve been writing for the last few weeks, this isn’t much of a surprise. If you’ve been tracking how Michigan is recruiting it isn’t much of a surprise either.

1 Like

I was 90% sure he was gone before this, and JB knew more than me obviously, but it’s nice to know that we actually have a scholarship to offer and I’m sure that’s pretty comforting for potential recruits/transfers as they’re making their decisions.

Poole was done with college basketball a long time ago.

3 Likes

lol weird, who would actually pay for this?

1 Like

I would have paid $20 for a Cameo of Higdon suited up for our last bowl game.

6 Likes

IMO, this was over well before the advisory committee feedback. I am not sure if either party (the team or Poole) wanted to continue with him at Michigan. It was a tough last two months. Hopefully he gets a strong draft result.

6 Likes

What exactly is a cameo?