John Beilein named to College Basketball Hall of Fame

10 Likes

Bout time

23 Likes

Bout time is exactly what I was going to say. Congrats, John!

3 Likes

Jalen Roseā€™s dad is also in this induction class.

2 Likes

Jimmy Walker.

2 Likes

is this the real Ernie? two words?

11 Likes

I was just going to write ā€œJimmyā€ but I wasnā€™t sure everyone would know his last name! Now for a discussion of Onomastics please read my essay on the subject! I also am working on a genealogical study of the Rose/Walker family tree, if that would be helpful! :rofl:

4 Likes

The golfer? :wink: :sweat_smile:

:rofl:

Nah, the Jimmy Walker of Providence College and NBA Fame. Played with the Pistons.

The golf Jimmy Walker has had a pretty stellar PGA Tour career after really struggling when he first came out. He had played really well on the Nationawide Tour, won his first two tournaments, then hit the PGA tour and, as sometimes happens, couldnā€™t make a cut. I think he kicked around for 8 or 9 years until he finally put it all together and started to win. After that, he really made a name for himself as a fine player. The golf Jimmy Walker has to be 8 or 10 years young than Jalen, so, noā€¦not Jalenā€™s dad! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know, I just couldnā€™t resist knowing that you love golf. :joy:

1 Like

part-0_20220625_213815

1 Like

Well earned congrats Mr Beilein on a fantastic career

1 Like

A big congrats to JB! This honor couldnā€™t be more deserved!

1 Like

He and CWebb were just recently announced into the Michigan Sports HOF too, yes? (I trust someone else to the twitter link)

Iā€™ll still never get over 10 years of season tickets (2 yrs in student section), and then giving them up after Beileinā€™s first year. I just couldnā€™t fathom spending another minute on this team. Of course I was watching the next fall when we started beating some of the blue bloods, and realized ā€œholy cow, I underestimated how much of a difference a coach can make.ā€ JB deserves this, no doubt!

7 Likes

Rip Hamilton also inducted into the college hall. Congrats to all.

2 Likes

There are a wealth of ways to appreciate John Beilein. He is everything a man should be. He is proof positive that ā€˜nice guys finish lastā€™, was never true.

1 Like

While Iā€™m sure I agree with your post 100%ā€¦this wording feels a littleā€¦personal. Which, I mean, good for you :wink:

1 Like
4 Likes

Well thanks?