Jett Howard declares for NBA Draft

I think he’ll spend more time with the team that drafts him than their G-League affiliate. I suppose it matters who takes him but guys who can shoot are always valued.

5 Likes

Nah Juwan watched tape of the missed box out up one with the season on the line against Rutgers and said “time to go, son”

14 Likes

Would have loved to have had him back. Hope for the best for him, both for himself and having another Michigan player in the league highlighting the brand. Appreciate that he is not sitting on the fence until May 31st. Hope Kobe is staying, but if he declares I understand he might not be in a position to decide early. Hope Hunter stays and gets the legacy he has been after.

3 Likes

(I said the same thing)

3 Likes

OK, I answered my own question…the last Michigan players before Jett Howard to play any sort of decent role for a UM team and not play for a tournament team are Ekpe Udoh and Ron Coleman.

Every role player who played for the 2014-2015 and 2009-2010 teams played either the year before or the year after.

3 Likes

lol at the dude on Twitter who is literally arguing with Jett’s mother about whether he “quit on the team”

1 Like

I would ban twitter. Not in a coaching context. I would just ban it

20 Likes

Thanks to Jett for choosing Michigan and playing through injury while he was here. Gratitude also for making his intentions clear as fast as he has. That’s another big bit of certainty we now have, and that’s no small thing. Good luck in the NBA, Jett.

21 Likes

I am convinced Juwan knew this some time ago.

3 Likes

My wife hates it when I call someone an idiot, but…I don’t care, there are idiots everywhere, especially twitter! :wink:

4 Likes

What about a ninny, or a goofball? Maybe acceptable?

1 Like

This is my favorite, well one of two or three favorite posts, post of the day!

Edit: By the way, ALL of my favorite posts are on umhoops, and it ain’t close!

3 Likes

Whatever you say about Twitter, Facebook is 10x worse because all normal people stopped using that for anything but checking in on family. I screenshotted the first 12 or so replies to the article on Facebook and did not skip over any. Here you go

5 Likes

I use “idiot” far too often, but any use of it is strictly forbidden when I’m with her! :innocent:

1 Like

Not buying it, Ernie. I bet you say that to all the posts.

2 Likes

omg… that is so sad

7 Likes

Well, I’m guessing no one on FB even knows what basketball even is! IDIOTS! Whoops, glad my wife is watching Sparty and not looking over my shoulder! :rofl:

1 Like

The people who act like that on Facebook amuse me. At least on twitter you can be relatively anonymous as you give your terrible hot takes.

7 Likes

I’m glad I don’t follow that. I’m also glad I don’t know any of those people.

Twitter is bad enough.

4 Likes

I’d be cool with no moron screenshots. Out of sight out of mind

15 Likes