Jett Howard declares for NBA Draft

Agreed. I just ignore it typically but I found this amusing that literally every post was more or less the same

1 Like

Not ALL, and never any on this site! :wink::laughing::innocent:

2 Likes

“I try to tell this lady he was gonna declare for the draft. She told me I had no clue that was gonna happen. Lol”

Do we think this was at the grocery store or a strip bar?

3 Likes

True story. During the most recent commercial during the Sparty game, Merry (Mrs.Silverblue) said, when I read some of those Twitter responses to her, “Some people are so obtuse, they have no idea what is in the heart of these kids, or how hard they work to achieve their dreams. Comments like those just reflect what idiots they are!” I think she used the “word” to get a laugh out of me. I am STILL laughing as I type this! :rofl:

9 Likes

Good luck to Jett and thanks for a memorable freshman year at Michigan! I’m bummed to see Jett go, but have been expecting this since January. It’s hard to argue he should stay with a solid first round projection.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I expected Jett to have a more disappointing season, personally and team-wise, than Houstan. It was like they were barely here.

3 Likes

Thank you for being prompt and definitive in your decision, Jett. Helps the team. I’m actually not being snarky.

11 Likes

For a minute I was thinking Deshawn Sims and I was like he played against Oaklahoma who had Blake Griffin and then I remembered Courtney Sims.

5 Likes

Nope Courtney Sims the one who missed a critical bunny against Ohio State in a game that they needed to win to make the tourney lol. On the bright side that miss led to Amaker being relieved of his duties at the exact same time a man named John Beilein was looking to upgrade from his current job. So Courtney Sims is a Michigan legend

11 Likes

it does not compute to me that deshawn (and manny) played in that game. literally all i remember is novak getting dunked on, so i guess i just assumed it was further into the zack/stu years

1 Like

Was kinda hoping that his rough and injured end to the year meant he would come back so kinda bummed there. Sophomore Jett I could see being a lot more focused and polished in other areas of his game.

Anyhow, hope to see him develop and tear up the NBA. Can see him in a Hardaway role at some point?

5 Likes

The top tier version of Jett Howard is Paul George, at least offensively

Won’t ever get there defensively

Jett is an excellent basketball player, and and even better human. Living in Orlando I selfishly hope the Magic draft him because my 6yr old son is a big fan along with me.

10 Likes

I’m a big fan of knucklehead.

I know the players probably get too much exposure to negativity directed their way. Can’t be fun for them, and doubly irritating (painful?) for Juwan when directed at his sons.

The interview comments and statement are thoughtful and touching. I wish his time at U-M had included a tournament appearance for the team’s and his sake, but I look forward to seeing him in the league someday soon.

2 Likes

I hope that Juwan’s NBA contacts were giving him an honest evaluation of Jett, and not the type of overly positive assessment that you might give when you are speaking about someone’s son.

1 Like

Always thought he seemed like an appealing kid.

1 Like

the magic? drafting a Michigan guy? not gonna happen!

honestly he should probably start looking at apartments in orlando now

8 Likes

What about the Heat taking him? Jace got Juwan’s number at Michigan and Jett can grab Juwan’s last NBA number.

4 Likes

i am positive that the conversations he was having were not “hey, what do you think of my son?” and people just responding “oh yeah, he’s good…” and frantically trying to redirect the conversations :laughing:

7 Likes

I could also see the Lakers, should they get to keep their pick (I think the Pelicans have the option) taking Jett. They need shooters, and both LeBron and Pelinka should know him well.

1 Like