Isaiah Livers out indefinitely with groin injury

Bingo, thanks for the assist. Let’s hope it goes that way. Although the three guard lineup with johns could make sense too when Franz rests. So maybe all three?

Isaiah running in a pool is good progress just not likely to play in the next couple games (in my uneducated opinion)

1 Like

Agree probably not good sign for him being back next week if he’s still rehabbing in a pool

1 Like

Did he do any running did he look like he could play Wednesday or not?

1 Like

Michigan is hoping Livers can return Wednesday or this coming weekend against Illinois.

Where did you hear that?

1 Like

The timeline on this would make sense though. Get him dressed, go thru warm-ups/pre-game and progress him in practice next week.

Believe he was on Rothstein’s pod today. Juwan meeting with the media later today as well. Although he has not been particularly forthcoming with injury updates.

1 Like

I think the real question we all have is does Rothstein send Howard “good luck” texts before each game?

2 Likes

As long as he has his cell phone number, I’m setting the odds at

1/3 for Yes
10/1 for No

5 Likes

On topic, though, the continued ambiguity of Livers’ availability is a little concerning. As you mention, Howard has been sorta dodgy on injury stuff but to me the general feel doesn’t seem optimistic. A (mostly) healthy Isaiah Livers is necessary for Michigan to make the NCAA Tournament.

1 Like

yea this is starting to feel like a bubble at best team. even when livers returns it will take him a couple weeks and having to trust his groin.

We didn’t know about Franz Wagner until we found out he was in the starting lineup against Iowa State. Juwan spent about four months not telling anybody about his offensive and defensive approaches. The only thing he has discussed was recruiting, and that almost got him in trouble. I don’t think we’re going to get anything meaningful on Livers from Juwan until he walks onto the court. If one of his teammates spills the beans on whether or not Livers has been practicing, that’s something which would make me more or less optimistic (depending on what was said), but absent that, trying to read anything from what Juwan says seems futile.

11 Likes

I think we are a bubble team at worst without Livers.

2 Likes

you my friend are much more comfortable with the remaining schedule than i am LOL

1 Like

Post livers injury we are playing like the 40th ranked team in the country per Torvik, so a bubble team

1 Like

I think we should be able to go 5-3 over the next 8 games without Livers.

Then we close the season with a difficult 6 game stretch. For the sake of argument I’ll say we go 2-4 with wins vs Nebraska and Wisconsin at home.

That’s 9-11 in conference with a very strong non-con resume. I don’t really see how we’d get left out in this case.

We will have more clarity throughout this 8 game stretch. Anything less than 5-3 and things would get hairy, but I feel like that’s closer to worst case than best case.

Do we really think that this team’s ceiling (best case scenario) is 8-9 wins in conference?

if livers doesnt show up until the end or middle of these next 8 games (say osu game or later)

i could see us legit going 4-4/3-5 without a problem. Took 2 OTs to beat purdue at home, penn state, rutgers (MSG), illinois at home could all be losses/coin flip games

Even with livers i think we probably lose to msu (cassius still a problem) and without livers OSU would be a toss up

1 Like

I agree that those results could realistically happen. But, like I said, I think that’s closer to the “worst case” end of the spectrum than the “best case” end.

1 Like