Is Kam Chatman the modern day Colton Christian?

I guess I don’t think hes a great player either MATTD, but he is exactly what we were lacking this year. Certainly would have started for us and helped us win more games. He had length, was willing to bang and play d, and when given a gift at the rim he usually could throw it down unlike doyle.

I guess I don't think hes a great player either MATTD, but he is exactly what we were lacking this year. Certainly would have started for us and helped us win more games. He had length, was willing to bang and play d, and when given a gift at the rim he usually could throw it down unlike doyle.

Doyle is a decent finisher around the rim, his hands are another story. Catching the ball is an adventure for Ricky

hes ok at the rim, but there are many possessions we left a basket that he should have had. I expect that to improve, I was just talking for this year.

There are two areas where Horford would have helped significantly: (1) pick and roll offense - it took Doyle a LONG time to learn how to set proper picks, Horford was already very adept at it; and (2) defense - he’s a very solid shot blocker and defender. See the Arizona game, for example, where I believe he had 5 blocks.

There are two areas where Horford would have helped significantly: (1) pick and roll offense - it took Doyle a LONG time to learn how to set proper picks, Horford was already very adept at it; and (2) defense - he's a very solid shot blocker and defender. See the Arizona game, for example, where I believe he had 5 blocks.

LA - he would’ve helped a bit. But for every UA game there was a Kentucky game, where he literally stood there as the opposition did whatever they wanted…Horford had a front row seat at the movies that game.

I didn’t mean to suggest he would have been great, just an upgrade (especially at the start of the year). With a healthy Walton and LeVert, I think this team probably goes 11-7 or so in Big Ten play and wins 20-21 overall, and Horford maybe gets you 22-23 and a seed in the 7-9 range.

Aside from injuries, I’d say the main issues with this team were Irvin not being the guy he was supposed to be (at the very least, a good three point shooter) and Chatman not being ready for a real role. Both guys at least seem to be improving.

I didn't mean to suggest he would have been great, just an upgrade (especially at the start of the year). With a healthy Walton and LeVert, I think this team probably goes 11-7 or so in Big Ten play and wins 20-21 overall, and Horford maybe gets you 22-23 and a seed in the 7-9 range.

Aside from injuries, I’d say the main issues with this team were Irvin not being the guy he was supposed to be (at the very least, a good three point shooter) and Chatman not being ready for a real role. Both guys at least seem to be improving.

I still believe Irvin is a good (not great) shooter…just didn’t have clean looks because we lack the personnel to create open looks off penetration or post ups. But there were some very open looks this year for Zak that he failed to knock down…there were even times where he would air ball clean looks.

My faith in kam is on the rise. at the very least he should be a solid contributor next year. obviously lots of things he has to work on, but I hope he gets his confidence up and starts to finish some of the drives to the rim. I am still very optimistic about this team next year as I have said right along. Were going to be good next year.

I still don’t think Kam is a great fit for this offense, but at least he is finally showing some confidence which is night and day from where he was a month or two ago.

My faith in kam is on the rise. at the very least he should be a solid contributor next year. obviously lots of things he has to work on, but I hope he gets his confidence up and starts to finish some of the drives to the rim. I am still very optimistic about this team next year as I have said right along. Were going to be good next year.

I still don’t think Kam is a great fit for this offense, but at least he is finally showing some confidence which is night and day from where he was a month or two ago.

I don’t really understand why people say that Kam is not a great fit for this offense (or vice versa). The Kam we saw for most of the season is not a great fit for any offense.

But I think the Kam we expected/hoped for and saw a little bit of toward the end of the year is a very good fit for the offense. He’ll be handling the ball on the perimeter with ample spacing. He showed this year that he is pretty good at getting into the lane. He just tended to make a lot of poor decisions when defenses collapsed on him and couldn’t finish when he did get to the rim. Things seemed to slow down for him a bit at the end of the year. If he spends some time in the weight room this summer, I think he’ll be able to provide some things that not many other players on the roster can bring.

I guess I don't think hes a great player either MATTD, but he is exactly what we were lacking this year. Certainly would have started for us and helped us win more games. He had length, was willing to bang and play d, and when given a gift at the rim he usually could throw it down unlike doyle.

Doyle’s FG% Is slightly higher than Horford’s was in either of his last two seasons in AA.

It’s not Horford and Doyle people should be comparing anyway. It’s Horford and Donnal. And Jon would be a major upgrade over Mark I believe.

Doyle’s FG% Is slightly higher than Horford’s was in either of his last two seasons in AA.

It’s not Horford and Doyle people should be comparing anyway. It’s Horford and Donnal. And Jon would be a major upgrade over Mark I believe.

Yep. Doyle has given us some solid games this year. But like most freshmen, he’s had some real stinkers. So when he isn’t in the game, we replace him with Donnal and Bielfeldt. Donnal has not been good most of the year. Bielfeldt has his moments, but limitations in size and athleticism hurt him at the 5 position. Switching the Donnal/Bielfedlt minutes to Horford would have helped the team. Obviously not made us contenders or anything, but we would have probably squeezed out a couple of those close games.

Safe to say the “Jon Horford, three-point shooter experiment experiment” didn’t work.

For comparison, here’s Jon last year.

He always thought he was that sort of offensive player and that’s a big reason why he went to Florida I think, but hard to say he was right.

Looks like Chatman will be sticking around Ann Arbor this summer for Camp Sanderson. I’m excited to see what he brings to the table next season.

Very good news, for both Kam and Michigan. I think he’s going to be a stud when it’s all said and done.

WhoisColtenChristian?

I think a big part of the equation for Kam is simply playing harder/more intensity. I think his issues are more mental than physical. No doubt Camp Sanderson should aid him, but if he can’t grasp the fact that he has to jump as high as he possibly can when finishing or maintain a strong core when embracing contact, Camp Sanderson will not aid Kam much.

I think a big part of the equation for Kam is simply playing harder/more intensity. I think his issues are more mental than physical. No doubt Camp Sanderson should aid him, but if he can't grasp the fact that he has to jump as high as he possibly can when finishing or maintain a strong core when embracing contact, Camp Sanderson will not aid Kam much.

Hopefully the physical transformations help change the mental transformation.
“I can, so I will”

Get some muscle on that frame. Work on an explosive step. Increase the vertical.
Then use it.

I think Horford would have helped us earlier in the year and likely if we remained whole—with Levert and Walton. But given our injuries, I think Horford would have just clogged up time and opportunity–and we wouldn’t have been better. What look like a loss may have been an unintended benefit.

Safe to say the "Jon Horford, three-point shooter experiment experiment" didn't work.

He always thought he was that sort of offensive player and that’s a big reason why he went to Florida I think, but hard to say he was right.

Hey shooting 25% from 3 may not be ideal but he’s still 3x the shooter as Illinois PG Jaylon Tate who is only shooting 8%. I don’t even know how that is possible.