Ignas Brazdeikis declares for NBA Draft

Let’s hope Johns figures it out over the summer!

Good heavens. I think I’ll need to sit down.

Does this mean Poole and Matthews? Flat declared?

Johns improvement is vital to any chance we have to be a 2nd weekend team. I’ll be honest, next years team may be hardest to watch Michigan team in a long time aesthetics wise.

Quotes on the front page from the UM release.

With this and if the rumors about poole leaving are true I’ll be pretty shocked if we don’t get at least one of beverly or quinones. The situation will simply be too attractive. Honestly we’ll probably try to get both now.

Your server is being tortured like never before, Dylan.

At this point the only surprise from this is Iggy’s quotes seemingly being all in on declaring. Nothing else is a shock.

I suppose I’ll have that drink now, barkeep. Leave the bottle on the counter top.

3 Likes

Dylan, question. You said in the open question thread that UM hasn’t even had its post-season meetings with the players, so we would likely start hearing stuff next week. Now, suddenly all 3 guys declare in a heartbeat.

That seems to point to 1 of 2 things to me:

1. There really were serious chemistry issues on this team and these guys (Matthews aside) couldn’t wait to get out.

2. JB actually pushed for a quick decision to help with recruiting/transfers, etc. Guys have to be salivating at the chance to jump straight into the starting lineup.

1 Like

Hard to keep up. Poole sounds like the door is still open for a return, but we are potentially looking at this:

That’s a 10 seed if I’ve ever seen one.

I think you are overthinking it. They planned on declaring for the draft, had the meeting with Beilein and declared for the draft. I’m not sure there’s really anything complicated to it. Why wait to declare?

3 Likes

I am conjuring the image of John Belushi’s three “holy sh*t!s” from Animal House when they were discussing the horse having a heart attack:

Iggy declared. “Holy…”
It’s NBA or bust. “HOLY…”
Poole’s gone too. "HOLY…

4 Likes

Ok, makes sense. I guess they just had the meetings earlier than what I thought based on the other thread. I thought maybe this was happening without the JB meeting.

I think this is great news for Brooks, Nunez, DeJulius, and Johns. Wilson and Bajema too! Livers too I might add.
I know how to pronounce Bajema because I listen to Orion Sang
Best of luck young Brazdeikis

2 Likes

I’ll take the under (better seed).

Simpson, Teske, Livers is a great foundation. I think Jalen Wilson gets buckets from day one. If they can just find a shooting guard…

4 Likes

It’s still a lot better than where we were at the back end of 2014/15.

1 Like

Agreed. We have too many talented young guys that will have the chance to capture serious playing time. At least one or two will emerge to be solid contributors around a core of Simpson, Teske, and Livers (?). Not sure if Livers has shown enough to be considered a core member, but he’s a good player regardless.

This team will have a lot more talent than the 2016 team that was an 11 seed and the 2009/2011 teams that were 10/8 seeds respectively

Still gonna be a better team next year. Multiple options at 2 and 3 for players who could step up.