If you're Thad Matta

Do you put Craft on Walton or Stauskas Tuesday night? Duke and Indiana have shown that the blueprint to really disrupting the M offense is to take Stauskas out of the game. Considering that Shannon Scott is also a very good defender, I’m concerned that they’re going to play Craft on Nik and Scott on Walton, which will neutralize both of them. We need a big game from GR III, who’s likely to draw LaQuinton Ross as his defender. What say you board?

Craft on Stauskas, Scott on LeVert.

The luxury OSU has is interchangeable parts on D. Matta can either put Craft on Nik, or opt for Scott and not lose much. Either way it goes there is going to be an elite on ball defender on Nik and Caris at most times during the game. That being said, both of our wings should have a decided size advantage which should be utilized by going to the rack aggressively. Best case scenario is one the OSU guys gets in early foul trouble. Game will be close because OSU is a poor offensive team and I think we have a decent chance of winning. As always, the ex factor is GR3, he will need to show up. Also Walton should have a quickness advantage on Smith but being a freshman and all I don’t know that we can depend on that.

Also, putting Ross in pick and rolls is a good thing, not very good lateral movement from Ross.

Scott has been coming off the bench (he asked Matta). They start Sam Thompson or so I heard.

The last few games they have played Craft and Scott less and less together because it destroy their offense.

I also think we need to go back to the 66 lineup early and often. Irvin will come out ready, not sure about GR3.

Scott has been coming off the bench (he asked Matta). They start Sam Thompson or so I heard.

The last few games they have played Craft and Scott less and less together because it destroy their offense.

This is true. They could put Craft on Nik, Smith on Walton and Thompson on Caris, but somehow I think Matta puts Craft on Walton, the freshman.