Ibi Watson Transferring

really? dumb move. Personally I love him and his potential, but I’d say stick it out another year. THat said as an Nba team I’d def take a late first round flyer or second rounder on him and develop him. hes just so freakishly long and athletic.

Anyone else wish Ibi was still on the roster?

2 Likes

why lol we got franz baby

Franz won’t play 40 minutes, Ibi would be a senior role player, and we only have 11 scholarships this season.

Not really. Ibi didn’t show much at all in his time.

1 Like

More confident in Dejulius contributing at the 2 guard this upcoming year than i would be Watson

6 Likes

I think Ibi would have been a solid player this year but it made sense for him to transfer. He did the right thing. I’m expecting him to have a nice career in Dayton the next two years.

5 Likes

No I do not

Starter minutes off the bench and nice shooting. Would like him on this years squad for sure!

1 Like

I think Watson would make this year’s team better. And he’s pretty much just a shooter. I don’t think he’d be better than Franz, but an improvement over Nunez. But it’s hard to say if he would have developed had he stayed here. He would have gotten low minutes last season behind Poole and Iggy. He was able to take a year off at Dayton under a new coaching staff. Who knows how much that helped him. It was the right move for both sides and I think it worked out for both sides.

10 Likes

Ibi is a good reminder for us that these kids aren’t finished products, and if they don’t light the world on fire their first years on campus, they can still be productive players. Think this is especially relevant with a guy like Brooks, who we’ve seen make the jump, and guys like Nuñez and Johns, who we’re still waiting on.

6 Likes

Ibi is heading back to Dayton.

Where else was he going?

1 Like

He had declared for the draft.

4 Likes

Probably for the feedback.

1 Like