Ibi Watson to Michigan

I do think Indiana was on Ibi pretty hard. They were in constant contact and Crean was at a lot of his games. If the offer from U-M didn't come this week, I would have expected Ibi to choose IU fairly quickly.

Agreed - I read the IndyStar writeup and he mentioned IU was talking to him every day for two weeks and showing him how he’d fit in. I don’t think this was just a flimsy “offer” from Crean.

Nope I’ll make fun of Crean as much as the next guy for extending seemingly infinite offers, but they usually seem to be ‘commitable offers’ more often than not.

Broke down some film of Ibi Watson here http://www.umhoops.com/2015/08/07/scouting-video-ibi-watson/

I know he’s gets Levert comparisons by default, but Levert’s high school film is a lot more impressive IMO. Doesn’t mean he can’t be a good player for us though.

LeVert also played on All-Ohio’s B team during his final summer of AAU.

I guess I’m comparing them to his senior high school highlights. Maybe a bit unfair now that I think about it. We’ll see how Watson looks in 6 months. A wing that can shoot will always have a place on our team though

I know he's gets Levert comparisons by default, but Levert's high school film is a lot more impressive IMO. Doesn't mean he can't be a good player for us though.

One thing to consider is that you may be comparing Caris’s senior year film to Ibi’s junior year.

That and a high school season has 20-30 games? This was chopped up from 4-5 games during a weekend long AAU tournament.

I also don’t think he’s very similar to Caris. Watson isn’t as slippery of a ball handler or ISO player, but he’s more efficient with his movement and has some potential.