2015 Guard Kenny Williams decommits from VCU

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Kenny-Williams-at-Lloyd-C-Bird-102870/CurrentExpertPredictions

They list Michigan as having offered http://247sports.com/Player/Kenny-Williams-59148

They are wrong.

God I hope not

They list Michigan as having offered

No

Williams will either follow Smart to Texas or head to UNC in my view. Don’t think there is any way we offer with our current needs in light of Williams’ skillset

I trust Dylan more than any national recruiting site and there is no sign of Kenny Williams here…

I trust Dylan more than any national recruiting site and there is no sign of Kenny Williams here...

We did have preliminary interest back in the summer, but a visit never materialized.

He seems like a kid that could take over Caris’ spot after he leaves. I realize we have little to no chance at him but he looks like a great scorer.

He seems like a kid that could take over Caris' spot after he leaves. I realize we have little to no chance at him but he looks like a great scorer.

Doesn’t necessarily have the ballhandling/creating abilities that Caris has. More of a shooter.

…why’d the crystal ball change all of a sudden? Have we been in contact with him or something??

...why'd the crystal ball change all of a sudden? Have we been in contact with him or something??

I personally think the crystal ball stuff is a joke. Just another way to get web hits.

Well, this 247, while affiliated with CBSsports, doesn’t do a great job of reporting. This little stub

says there’s “smoke building” with absolutely no explanation–they don’t say he talked to BA or they scheduled a visit, etc. I know Dylan usually has explanations like that. This is yet another example of a “professional” site, contrary to what is nearly a myth (or at least an oversimplification) not being better than a blog.

Have not heard it on other sites to feel there really is any “smoke”, but the Duke insider is allegedly really confident Williams goes to UM and Jerry Meyer switched his to UM as well. Take FWIW but meyer seems to be slightly more correct on ball picks than others. Not because he has sources but because he goes with what those with sources tell him.

Those crystal ball predictions aren’t coming out of thin air. A bunch of them coming on the same day isn’t something I’d dismiss out of hand.

Well, someone else asked where all this sudden enthusiasm is coming from–I don’t think they’re randomly making things up but they should say why they’re making the predictions they are.

I mean, they know how Michigan rolls. We don’t offer unless they’ve visited. We’re picky with our offers. We don’t cast a wide net. We seem like the anti-Crystal Ball…so if anyone thought for kicks and giggles they’d put us on there, I feel like there has to be at least a decent reason.

Agree that the crystal ball thing is annoying and often inaccurate, but a wholesale switch to us has to be predicated on something.

I think we’ll have a better picture come this weekend. I can just about guarantee some of the UM coaches will be at Boo Williams in Hampton, VA this weekend. Very short drive to see Kenny Williams from there. If there is legit interest, I’m sure some sort of visit/contact will be arranged.

The silence is deafening actually…if I had to guess, something is in the works…maybe he is visiting this weekend to seal the deal and it’s being kept quite…but the ‘insiders’ have been awfully quiet, which tells me they either know something and have been told to keep it quiet OR they are digging and the UM Hoops Fort has shut it down to the point where there is no info to get.

OTOH, the visit thing might not make a ton of sense since this weekend is a Open Eval period, so I’d wager this isn’t the best weekend to host a visitor.

Then again…in 5 hours maybe we find out we were bamboozled. :slight_smile: