Gregg Glenn III enters transfer portal

Call me a career ruiner

1 Like

Lasting memory of Glenn will definitely be that he almost helped cause a brawl in a 25-point loss in one of his four career games. :rofl:

10 Likes

Was that ASU? What happened? I had shut the TV off long beforeā€¦

3 Likes

Can you add that in his transfer portal highlights video?

6 Likes

#RespectMyDecision

1 Like

Donā€™t remember all of the specifics but Dug and Glenn were pressing late and scored a cheap basket or two in the final minute and then there was a bunch of shit talking by the Michigan bench after the final horn.

I was there so hard to remember what was showed on TV (and we werenā€™t particularly close) but Iā€™m sure someone on MSU twitter Zapruder-ed the whole thing.

Sadly not enough clips of Glenn or Barnes for a portal video. Says something.

5 Likes

And time to unsubscribe. I will not take Barnes slander!!! :rofl: (joking have my money)

1 Like

Fair enough. I guess the only area we disagree then is that to me it seemed like he was completely lost. But in his defense, he was a freshman.

I guess I just prefer the idea of a transfer who can be a role player off the bench instead of Glenn. So much changed with the roster this year that Iā€™d rather give Juwan more flexibility to adjust on the fly and this helps with that.

I keep hearing that scholarship numbers donā€™t mean anything anymore. Because of this, I canā€™t get too excited about the theory that Glennā€™s transfer is a sign that a transfer is coming. If it does, great. Until then, Iā€™ll hang back and wait.

4 Likes

Everything has been lining up for Michigan to take at least two more players. Donā€™t think that has changed.

7 Likes

Iā€™m still not sure those comments about scholarships meant (in basketball specifically) that you can just pay people via NIL and treat them like walk-ons. I know that seems to be happening in football, but Iā€™m not sure weā€™ve seen it happen with basketball yet. It is entirely possible that some of those comments were meant to imply things were still happening behind the scenes with Kante and Glenn so donā€™t worry.

1 Like

it is happening around the B1G. Indiana Wisconsin currently has something like 16 ā€œscholarshipā€ players.

I think thatā€™s Wisconsin, not IU. IU has like 4 open scholarships.

2 Likes

ah u right thx

1 Like

Are you guys debating Glennā€™s quality based on 11 minutes

5 Likes

not me. Iā€™m just having an espresso and a ā€œPapa Steveā€™sā€ protein bar. made locally here in Southern California

5 Likes

This might be the most Southern California things I have ever read.

1 Like

Not sure thereā€™s a debate to be had. This feels best for everyone involved. This was not the right level for Glenn IMO.

Maybe a link up with Pat Chambers at FGCU?

5 Likes

Random thought: which school/coach is going to completely stop focusing on high school recruiting and only build rosters through the portal? Imagine all the extra time spent not on the recruiting trail only focused on positioning your program to go after transfers.

Iā€™m only half kidding and this thought is a bit off topic so best of luck to Gregggg!

2 Likes