Game 8: Michigan at Louisville Open Thread

Officials for Michigan-Louisville: Ron Groover,Jeffrey Anderson and Roger Ayers.

Go blue and wear maize tonight.

According to KenPom, Ayers is one of the most foul averse refs in the country (link, granted this is 5 years old now) and also consistently one of the best (link, although the methodology here is flawed since it’s based off of which refs get assigned the best games as the measure of best.)

Yep, all three are big game refs.

2 Likes

Want this win so bad. You don’t get many chances to play for the #1 ranking unless you have MSU or ACC bias on your side

2 Likes

LFG MFs!!!

I feel pretty confident we will win. We didn’t just play better against UNC or Gonzaga, we genuinely looked more talented too. Probably getting a bit ahead of myself but we are playing with house money anyway. Best not to get disappointed if things don’t swing our way.

1 Like

Franz Wagner breakout game. Calling it

2 Likes

Yeah I agree and if X and Jon don’t get 2 fouls in the first half would be great too.

1 Like

This makes no sense. We don’t get many chances to play for #1 because we aren’t usually a Top 5 program.

1 Like

#1 means … nothing? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This would be a good game to lose in a tight one. Got a lot of confidence from the Bahamas. A loss here would let the fellas know that they have what it takes to compete with anyone but they need to keep perfecting their craft.

I mean, Michigan has had two teams go on very extended win streaks to start their seasons and have had trouble getting that #1 spot. It took 20-1 for Michigan to finally get a chance at #1 (despite going 16-0 to start the year) in 2012-13 and the 17-0 Michigan team last year that destroyed ranked teams in Nova, UNC, Purdue and Indiana never got the #1 spot.

Technically, but it makes me happy

2 Likes

Dayton is down 9 early at home to…Houston Baptist. They’ll probably win easy but that’s an interesting start to that game.

1 Like

No change to the starting lineup

Obviously pulling for Michigan but at the end of the day, I would take this loss if it meant Michigan could beat Iowa and Illinois on the road. Of course, winning all three would be nice!

winthegame

2 Likes

Let’s do this!