Game 3: Michigan at Villanova Preview

If Livers gets significant minutes at the 5, doesn’t that leave us a little shallow at the 3 and 4?

Iggy and Matthews both playing 30 seems ideal to me. Split the backup 20 minutes between Poole sliding down so Eli can play the 2, and Livers minutes when he’s playing alongside Teske.

What is everyone’s prediction for this game?

It’s early season and Michigan currently can’t throw a rock in the ocean…and that’s with the boat anchored in the middle of the ocean. I’d say Nova by double digits and with relative ease tonight, would like a rematch in March when the team figures itself out though.

I basically see it as: If we come out and hit some early shots…and conversely, if Nova doesn’t come out hitting their first 5 triples…then we make it interesting. Otherwise, I find myself pacing around by 7:45pm deciding whether to change the channel. I worry about hero-ball from our wings…

Usually I have some expectations, even if they turn out to be wrong, but not much would surprise me in this game. The scenario that we stick around but can’t score enough in the end seems like the safest guess. I wonder if maybe we can shock them at the start with our defensive intensity, get some run outs.

Yeah I’d agree that the way UM stays in this game is by shocking the youth on Villanova with defensive pressure and forcing run outs

So, pretty shallow at the 3 and 4.

Not if you think 3 of those 4 guys are all-conference level players. Which I do.

NAILED IT!

2 Likes

That went just about how we all expected.

2 Likes

Didn’t see that happening! Revenge Tour 1A!