Game 22: Michigan at Iowa Recap

Yeah no doubt Mitch was the best. I just wish we had more time from him

Fair enough but thatā€™s who they are, 7 deep. The team is 20-2, totally exceeding my expectations. I wish the young guys could catch on faster but theyā€™re young and inexperienced in a complex system. When your two bigs go down on any team you will struggle, the flow/timing is disrupted. As for Brooks, hunt shots shoot the ball, someone has to score!

1 Like

Brooks has defense and we know he can shoot the ball. :thinking: Maybe heā€™ll start hitting again soon and be our breakout surprise in Tourney action. That would work for me.

I think itā€™s clear he has the ability to shoot , he just hasnā€™t shot well yet. Itā€™s like teske last year. Itā€™s clear he has the ability heā€™s just in his own head a bit, all of Eliā€™s issues are between his ears right now imo, besides loose handle.

I would not be shocked if he breaks out late. If not I hope he doesnā€™t leave because In the same role next year I think heā€™d figured it out and be a problem off the bench.

4 Likes

Not getting the young guys minutes earlier in the season came home to roost in this game. I think JB has been leaning towards giving DDJ a chance to take some of Eliā€™s minutes at the 1 so Iā€™d expect to see him there more for X as things go on. Just hope he settles into it and shoots like we know he can.

Eli has had limited opportunities to get into a rhythm shooting the ball.

His results over a year and a half are very subpar however.

Agreed, I still like his future.

1 Like