Game 14: Michigan at Purdue Open Thread

I’m still waiting for a call back from the health dept here in TC for my appt. It’s been over a week. They had over 23,000 requests and only received 1,500 vaccines so far.

If I’m Juwan, I’m pulling the team off the floor and getting right on the bus (plane??) back to AA. Don’t need this bs derailing the whole season. Worry about the ramifications later. Make sure your guys are safe.

5 Likes

That would be my gut decision as well tbh.

1 Like

Well since Ethan is at Mackey the game must be going forward. The bus would have left by now if deemed not safe. So Go Blue and get the W.

1 Like

Typical starters for Michigan.

Purdue starting: Hunter, Ivey (for Stefanovic), Newman, Gillis and Williams.

1 Like

Officials for tonight: John Higgins, Kelly Pfeifer, Paul Szelc

1 Like

I guess I just don’t trust the people deeming it safe.

1 Like

Nervous this could be a game Ivey builds on the OSU game winner and just go off without Stefanovic

3 Likes

When did he test positive? Why has no one been in contact since Tuesday? They played Tuesday so presumably he didn’t test positive that day so he wouldn’t have started isolating on Wednesday?

2 Likes

They haven’t practiced in three days?

2 Likes

And do they all live in separate rooms with their own bathrooms lol

3 Likes

Have they informed OSU?

4 Likes

I assume that means he tested positive on Wednesday morning.

2 Likes

I’m assuming they test every morning before practice, meetings, etc. seems pretty reasonable

1 Like

Given that timeline, he had to be COVID positive while playing in the OSU game. Probably Penn State as well.

3 Likes

Congrats Silver!! Great News!

1 Like

If the medical staffs at each school deem it safe then there’s no reason not to play in my mind, but I’m not a doctor…and since they are moving forward in a case like this I think schools need to stop using the phrase “out of an abundance of caution.”

2 Likes

This is dumb.

I’m happy for anyone who gets vaccinated. In a pandemic, we’re all on the same team. Stay safe!

3 Likes

Lot of mental gymnastics today

1 Like