Game 14: Michigan at Purdue Open Thread

Well Purdue without Sasha isn’t very scary

The fact they waited til now to say anything is dumb. Gamesmanship with COVID …

6 Likes

Yeah it’s complete BS. I don’t think they would’ve traveled if they knew this ahead of time.

1 Like

I always find Purdue scary at Mackie. Too many nightmares of trying to win in West Lafayette over the years. I agree that Purdue is less capable without Sasha, but it would be just our luck that one of the freshmen turns in the game of a lifetime tonight.

If a Michigan player gets COVID Purdue should be forced into the MAC. Replace them with Ball St.

6 Likes

I gotta imagine Michigan was presented with this infor before 45 minutes ago, right?

1 Like

Bet MGM has the Michigan money line set at -110 as a promo right now. Sign up and get two $50 bets for free. FYI

Now I’m just more concerned with 17 day future covid games missed than I am with the game. I always find it hard to believe that only 1 player on a given team has it

3 Likes
5 Likes

Of all the B1G schools that have had it, it seems like they have all shut down due to multiple cases after the initial outbreak.

Gotta watch OSU and Penn St. in the next few days since there was a good chance he was infected during those games

Ugh, I have no idea how to feel about how this has all gone down with them playing tonight. Purdue has to know how bad this will look on them if any more of their or our players contract COVID soon after, right?
I guess I’ll just say “Go Blue!”, watch the game, and hope everyone is safe. F-ing virus…

State and local protocols play a huge part in a lot of these decisions. There’s a reason the NCAA Tournament is being played in Indy…

5 Likes

Yep. Seems like once it’s one guy usually the dominos start falling. Some teams have had to cancel/postpone weeks of games…see Saint Louis at a nice round 0-0 in the A 10

That doesn’t give me a lot of confidence that we are doing what’s best for the health and safety of our student athletes.

1 Like

F-ing virus is right, bluejay! On a positive note, I was able to schedule Covid vaccinations today for both my wife and me for next Thursday! Well, at least I hope everyone thinks that’s positive news. :wink: Even if you don’t like me or some of my views believe me my wife is a SAINT, just an incredible person, sweetest lady I’ve ever known and the most amazing grandma to our “special” needs granddaughter, so I was so excited when I got a call from my doctor’s office today!

18 Likes

Such a sticky situation; a paradigm of their welfare would be to cancel all collegiate sports until the pandemic no longer exists. This by no means supports specific decisions such as tonight’s game.

Congrats, silver! I managed to schedule my folks for their first doses yesterday; I can’t tell you the relief it brings. Second dose already scheduled for mid-Feb.

1 Like

Denying athletes (who have had the chance to opt out) the right to compete isn’t a good thing for them, in general. I’m not sure they’re any more likely to get Covid playing sports (and having to abide by protocol) than if they were just sitting around.

But as for tonight, I don’t know.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much where I reside with this, as well. This is our abnormal normal.